THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got a ghost last weekend. Not sure if I can keep it alive or not.

If you have patience.....keep it in a pot... have it outside as long as temperatures permit in your area....when it gets too cold bring it inside and keep it in a sunny window. Next spring you will have a huge head start and that thing should produce like crazy!

google overwintering for some tips

Good luck!

Hello Brethren....I grew myself a really nice crop of Ghost peppers this year. That little bugger is some hot! I am looking at my options to save these guys as you do not need much of them to kick up the heat in food. What can I do to dry them and or grind them up? Thanks in advance.
My suggestion is to hang them in the tool shed for a couple of months, place them in a paper bag and run over them with your truck until they are powder. Then mix with water to make a paste and market it as a paint remover, you'll be independently wealthy in no time. Or if you want to really make an impact on the lives of others, you can sell it as a "problem removing eye salve"! Just rub a little in and your daily problems all become insignificant by comparison!!!:wink::laugh:

My suggestion is to hang them in the tool shed for a couple of months, place them in a paper bag and run over them with your truck until they are powder. Then mix with water to make a paste and market it as a paint remover, you'll be independently wealthy in no time. Or if you want to really make an impact on the lives of others, you can sell it as a "problem removing eye salve"! Just rub a little in and your daily problems all become insignificant by comparison!!!:wink::laugh:

Aw, Hell. Spice up the KY, I says...

I'd smoke them over oak or pecan. I usually smoke most of the peppers that I grow, only a few go directly into the freezer or into fresh salsa. Add several different kinds of peppers with various amounts of heat and make chipotle flakes out of them. YMMV.

What would I need to do to save some of the seeds to use for next year? Just remove and let dry and keep in zip lock bag???

If you have patience.....keep it in a pot... have it outside as long as temperatures permit in your area....when it gets too cold bring it inside and keep it in a sunny window. Next spring you will have a huge head start and that thing should produce like crazy!

google overwintering for some tips

Good luck!
Thanks man. As far as soil what do you use. I bought a two foot plant and its in a small container that I need to move it out of. Already getting some small looking peppers coming out.

Thanks man. As far as soil what do you use. I bought a two foot plant and its in a small container that I need to move it out of. Already getting some small looking peppers coming out.

I'm a bad one to ask on soil.....I just get mine in bulk from my mulch guy...it's their veggie blend. You can get as crazy as you want by mixing in organic matter and sand etc....but I keep it simple

If you're trying to kick up the harvest before the end of the season....you may want to feed it some fertilizer if you haven't yet

If you are going to keep it through the winter, you may want to keep the smaller pot to put it back into

Good luck!

Can I take my plant from outside and put it in a pot and keep it growing through the winter? Will it keep producing peppers through the winter or kind of go dormant until the spring again?

Can I take my plant from outside and put it in a pot and keep it growing through the winter? Will it keep producing peppers through the winter or kind of go dormant until the spring again?

Depending on how much light they get you can over-winter them and still have them producing fruit. Expect them to be smaller though

Back