THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
Name or Nickame
Bill
G'Day Bruces! :becky:

This is a short one.:biggrin1:

A few days ago I did a freezer dive and discovered a brisket point I'd frozen a while back. The rest of that had been used for sausages. Since my care package arrival, this meant I had to try out Oakridge BBQ's Black Ops Brisket rub.

P-20221023-095605.jpg

The method however is different. I decided to go hot and fast in the Performer because I didn't want to set up the WSM with just this tiny thing.

So, on it went at 11am.
P-20221023-105611.jpg

Running at approx 375F I hit the stall at about 1:30pm.
P-20221023-131725.jpg

Wrapped it here because the colour was great and by 4pm it was done.
P-20221023-171637.jpg

Rested an hour or so, sliced it up and basically ate it off the cutting board with a few friends.

P-20221023-171908.jpg

P-20221023-183949.jpg

How was it? Well, Black Op's is now my "go to" brisket rub. And I'm glad I wrapped the point as with going hot and fast I would have burnt the rub otherwise. Also retained the tallow from the pan. Delicious.

Done in 5 hours and being as moist as it was shows it can be done in a Performer. It was a gamble that paid off really well.

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

Excellent, Bill!

Reminds me of a song I’ve heard.

“ But let me get to the point
Let's roll another …
And turn the radio loud…”

Back