THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really don’t know why other brands don’t have this feature. I love my performer for the gas assist lighting and the table. I also use the gas assist light the chimney for my Smokey mountain cooker.

I love my gas assist performer. Depending on what I'm cooking i"ll either just pile up the charcoal, use the baskets or chimney then burn the gas for 5 minutes then let coals burn another 10-15 minutes till ready.

Question on using a chimney in the Performer w/ gas assist - do you use newspaper in the chimney, or not?

I don’t use paper to light my chimney. The flame from the gas works awesome. Let’s trip for 5-10 minutes then shut the gas off and let the chimney do it’s thing. I’m grilling in 15-20 minutes.....I figure about the same as a gas grill time wise, but better flavor!

Agree with Weber starter cubes. One under a full chimney of coal about 15 mins till your cooking.

Also, Have you looked into the Weber Summit Charcoal? Think it has gas assist.

Back