THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye said:
I have a Sony DSC H5. Still have not even touched all of the features. It is a big upgrade from my older Sony with 1.3 mega pixels.

I did buy a close up lens so I could get that out-of-focus background thing like on this spearmint flower.

fdad434c.jpg

Impressive indeed! Wifey wants a camera for Christmas.

BOT: Do you use the speariment in any dishes?

big brother smoke said:
Impressive indeed! Wifey wants a camera for Christmas. BOT: Do you use the speariment in any dishes?

We have tried using it in salads and in marinades for chicken and lamb but I really planted it because I have a hothouse. It is supposed to repel aphids and attract bees, both of which benefit my tomatoes.... It definitely attracts bees. My grasshopper population was lower this year too.

this looks awesome....i'm in the middle of tryin it myself

3I - how do you get those close-ups to be in such good focus? My daughter's camera has a close up mode I'm going to try when I chop today's brisket.

Blutch

thirdeye said:
I have a Sony DSC H5. Still have not even touched all of the features. It is a big upgrade from my older Sony with 1.3 mega pixels.

I did buy a close up lens so I could get that out-of-focus background thing like on this spearmint flower.

fdad434c.jpg

I do that with Photoshop.

hotlinkblur.jpg

Blutch said:
3I - how do you get those close-ups to be in such good focus? My daughter's camera has a close up mode I'm going to try when I chop today's brisket.

Blutch

My camera has a macro feature which lets you get within 3/4" of the subject and it also has a sharpness adjustment which helps fine tune the focus. I usually set the focus to auto, so it takes it from there.

I also bought a close up lense, and using it gives perfect focus between 9-1/2" and 13".

Back