THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Valley BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Sean
Oil City, PA has added a rib competition to the annual Christmas Past celebration. This competition will directly benefit the Oil City Weed & Seed Program. The program's purpose is to enrich the quality of life and create a safe environment for persons residing in the Weed & Seed Target Area by implementing community-based comprehensive multi-agency strategies to "weed" out violence and drugs, and "seed" the area with educational, recreational, social, residential, and economic opportunities.

Entry fee is $20 per team and there is prize money for the top 3 places:
1st - $150 and a trophy
2nd - $100
3rd - $75

Entry fee also includes one event t-shirt. Additional shirts can purchased at the event.

standard rules will apply. Only difference is propane and electric grills and smokers will be allowed. :doh:

Teams can call Kristen at (814) 516-0335 with questions or send registration to the address listed. I can also try to answer any questions here.

Judges that are interested judging can send me a PM or email me at [email protected]. Judges will be choosen in order they sign up.

Entry forms can be found here... http://oilcityweedandseed.org/Documents/2011%20RIB%20CHALLENGE%20Registration.pdf

Seadog, who couldn't use some rib practice in December. If I wasn't running this shindig, I'd be practicing too.

Just some FYI, there is a hotel located about 150' from the contest site. It is an America's Best Value Inn. http://www.americasbestvalueinn.com/bestv.cfm?idp=1677

There is also a Holiday Inn Express, a Super 8, and a Quality Inn within 8 miles depending on your taste in hotels.

I know for sure there will be electric. I will check on what the city has planned for water and let you know ASAP.

There's a craft show that runs all day saturday that the wife might enjoy. What's better than a birthday shopping spree?

Sal,

There will be water available. Whether it is running or via water buffalo won't be known until a day or so before the contest. The city has a water spigot in the park, but they usually shut it off for the winter months. If it is warm enough, there is a chance it could be turned on, if not, we would have a water buffalo on site for water needs.

Back