Found another way to use the Santa Maria

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
Realized that the big CI griddle I have would fit nicely on the SM grill. Checked it and it was perfect so decided to do some fajitas. Build a little fire and the griddle was hot in no time. The SM allowed me to raise the griddle so it didn't get to hot, worked perfectly.

Started with onions, then some red bel peppers. When they were done, it was time to do the chicken. Chopped up some thighs and seasoned them in the morning with some spicy concoction. Grilled the chicken, added onion and pepper again and it was al done in no time. The misses made a chunky guacamole. It was good eating and will be doing this again.

575d6c02bdf726582414209d8c430c85.jpg

021d41edea9d9b54a9b624c66c871e2e.jpg

614bc3af07993cfa56c3f6214fb66752.jpg

e41d0be1d4f5ebbf957bbd07f203041c.jpg

c6c5f52b53039c4b62b1b2b91d72824c.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I did it once and found wood fired griddle cooking to be a lot more work with little benefit compared to putting the griddle over my gas grill.

I did burgers on the griddle inside the Primo and got some smokiness that way, but I found the open Santa maria to contribute little additional.

Maybe you had a different experience

I did it once and found wood fired griddle cooking to be a lot more work with little benefit compared to putting the griddle over my gas grill.

I did burgers on the griddle inside the Primo and got some smokiness that way, but I found the open Santa maria to contribute little additional.

Maybe you had a different experience

I don´t own a gas grill so I figured I could try this and it worked a LOT better than I was expecting. But probably not as fast as gas.

Back