THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thermal Mass

is one Smokin' Farker
First off, not a bier snob at all. We happened into this German restaurant last weekend in Green Bay for a nice family dinner.

The bier list was extensive!

Being somewhat familiar with traditional imports my first two selections were pretty standard, Spaten and Westmalle.

After some browsing I spotted this gem!

Considering I am not eloquent in bier lingo, here is how I would best describe it: Smooth with a tone similar to a doppleboch but not sweet, little to no hoppyness but a STRONG smoke flavor and mild smoke finish.

If you happen on this I would highly recommend trying it with your next "smoke"!:becky:

I am curious of how others who may have had this how they would describe it, so comment please.:thumb: Thanks for looking.

That sounds like something I'd like to try. I really enjoy Stone Brewing Smoked Porter. It goes great with BBQ.

s-porter-bttle22.png

looking at that, I would guess that if you drink 6 bottles, you will wake up and it will feel like there is sandpaper behind your eyeballs, ....

it will feel like your nuts are in a vice grip, so you will have a splitting headache, ....

and your mouth will be as dry as the bottom of a canary cage

thats just my 'gut feel'

I'm not a real fan of smoke beers but once in a while I'll brew a Smoked Porter using 2-Row lightly smoked with Alder. It doesn't take much to overwhelm a beer. Cheers!!!

my favorite smoked beer is alaskan smoked porter and aged it's divine.

another popular one that i tried, but just didn't dig as much was surly smoke.

I'm not a real fan of smoke beers but once in a while I'll brew a Smoked Porter using 2-Row lightly smoked with Alder. It doesn't take much to overwhelm a beer. Cheers!!!

I just did a porter with some of my grains smoked over alder, with a bit of cherry. Came out great...best beer I've done since I started brewing again...of course, I've only finished 3 batches, but that's beside the point.

oh no. this is the real thing brewed in the back. apparently its a very famous bier. I still cannot pronounce the name

strawberry bier in Germany?

I dont think so LOL

I guess if I'd done me research I'd've seen it was Früli beer I was thinking of. Dutch. Chicks dig it. :wink:

Back