THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jeffhcb

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
Looking for a stick burner West Coast of FL. I have a budget of 1800-3000, looking for best option of quality/performance that I can get locally or as close to FL as possible. There are two dealers in the area (Yoder and MeadowCreek), but I'm not blown away by reviews, etc. Anyone have any advice would be great. As most of us know the wait right now is at least three months on anything and shipping is brutal. Thanks!

Workhorse Pits are from Georgia… maybe you could pick it up or at least have reasonable shipping? I think Lang is too, or find a local fabricator and drop some plans off.

Agreed on workhorse. They are very close to you and I love my 1975. I do wish you could customize some things (like having pullout racks and a front shelf), but cooking performance is as good as it gets and the prime finish is awesome and so easy to maintain. They are having shipping price increase effective March 31, but as close as you are, you could drive up and get one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There was a pit builder selling a great pit on bbq classifieds for 2250 I believe looked like a great pit.

Great, thanks guys. I always wonder as well....living in FL where it gets crazy hot and humid, can you leave it out in the rain? Covering it seems like a bad idea with all that moisture. Unfortunately I do not have a shelter for it...yet anyway.

DONT go yoder. I competed alot around Orlando. May check FB marketplace on teams selling some gear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I leave mine outside uncovered. That’s where the patina finish comes in. Very easy to reapply some linseed oil during a cook here and there to keeping it looking great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Yoder sounds great but I see so many concerning reviews. Maybe its all marketing.

I saw the same one as above....looks like a deal at 2250 and it's new. The guy just built it, painted it, seasoned it and put it up for sale. Wants to start another build he said in an earlier ad.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1587571754945062/?ref=category_feed&referral_code=marketplace_search&referral_story_type=post

Yea I've seen that one. I am likely putting it in the back yard, so was looking for something with much larger wheels. But it does look nice.

Check out LSG in Conroe, TX. Their 20" series are very affordable and are great cookers. Their freight rates are very fair too.

Great, thanks guys. I always wonder as well....living in FL where it gets crazy hot and humid, can you leave it out in the rain? Covering it seems like a bad idea with all that moisture. Unfortunately I do not have a shelter for it...yet anyway.

Jeff: I live in Bradenton on Warner’s Bayou just off the Manatee River.

I have had my Shirley 24x36 on my back patio, under a cover since 2019…..no rust at all. To me, much better to cover than not.

Check out LSG in Conroe, TX. Their 20" series are very affordable and are great cookers. Their freight rates are very fair too.

No doubt they look great. Quality too. Three to four month wait right now I believe.

Jeff, dont discount the Meadowcreek, they make great smokers. Very well built and they cook really well. I would keep checking FB Marketplace for some good deals. Also keeping a smoker covered in Fl is a good idea. Between the heat and sun it can make even the best rust.
I have a Meadowcreek BX50, great IVC smoker, smaller foot print and built like a tank!!
Also keep an eye out on this page on FB https://www.facebook.com/groups/1726632780684045 it is a page dedicated to those selling BBQ smokers etc.

Back