THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ4FUN

Full Fledged Farker
Nice crappy day here in Iowa again. 30* and 27 mph winds. :mad2: Set the BW up in the garage again. Worked very well last weekend. 3 doors part way open for ventilation.

Started with 2 beef back ribs and 2 SL ribs. These beef ribs were Monsters!! Sure love the new BW Comp. for ribs the way they fit. I had 1/2" to spare on the beef ribs. :thumb:

IMG_0377.jpg

Seasoned them up this morning before work. Oakridge BBQ Comp. Beef and Pork rub on the beef ribs. SM Pecan on the SL ribs.

IMG_0378.jpg

Did something a little different this time firing it up. Instead of putting a starter cube in the back left corner like I did last time (took an hour and 45 min to get to 250*) I put aprox. 15 bricketts in the starter and got them ashed over and poured in the back left where I left a hole. Apple wood for smoke. This seemed to work very well. Took a little less than an hour to get to 225* (my target temp)

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

Ready to hit some smoke....

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

To be continued.....

Those look like some nice cuts of meat. I have found beef ribs here but i haven't found any that look like there is more meat than bone. I'll have to keep looking :)

Here is the SL ribs. Not much for pull back on the bones. A little tough. Seems my banker and his brother came over with a 30 pack. I gave his brother my old brinkman and we had to drink about the old and my new smoker. Lets just say the cook wasn't followed to what I wanted to do. Oh well all the SL ribs were all eaten.

2012-03-03_17-20-56_124.jpg

And the beef ribs. These were very tender. I had to eat a couple just to try them, although my stomach was saying Noooooo.

2012-03-03_17-44-46_551.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Back