First picanha on the 480...

crboggs

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Chris
...and it was a success!

Wife got the first cut off the end as a teaser and started making faces and noises that are normally reserved for after the kids are in bed...so I knew I got it right...after 20 years there are some signals I've learned to read. *lol*

2.5lb picanha, sesame oil binder, Kinder's "The Blend" liberally applied...smoked at 250 until 130 internal and pulled to rest while I pumped the grill grates up to 450 over direct flame...90 seconds rotate, 90 seconds flip, 90 seconds repeat and pull...you can see where I poked it in the pic below...juices just ran everywhere...smelled incredible...

ACtC-3dgQnqn_Zw6WdcQYxFt8WryTK-WOgOaiRfZUIYalgNURrztU7q_mlWPhDeeEjpau2MYWtGMmNcy6EqSE-3sYibgSJui-_vEgG9OGvuCh_8XWDXe88yUXmaeM6FV_6XgXIHPzj7LiYjo3Jovlp7mYsOCsg=w1250-h937-no

Pardon the sloppy pic...at this point I was fending off the wife and both daughters as they were hovering like vultures...

ACtC-3ckQLR5BPBDbvG6Mj_WvlhTpbPoe-48Etl5G0qRhmgxw2XoygV9Dicp46mA5jbCkBDPPAGVYwc3MEyyL-q3mRBkd8fQGjD2dXFhBCY7rCUzLofJNrUeeKWDHd9jtQtpELFzRSeGLlDqL9zGKzI37uPgug=w1250-h937-no

Went on the plate sliced with a bit of chorizo, Brazilian cheese bread, oven roasted potatoes, and black eye peas...

ACtC-3e3T6NY1AHfPA1qnlN76BQjfDNvH051k2ewuqV_Sh9qx24RSDyPtfKC_l-BuyUk3zO2xxRvoAaxJb4d9upnVVl-GPvILVb_UgIbbMMSKvaCddpa4IHSxA0svc49PJrdspgC3o7UCPPh-IZSbxpPc9V0Uw=w703-h937-no

I never would have known what a picanha was if I hadn't found this forum and read some of the informational threads from those who have cooked them before.

So thanks guys!

Looks delightfull, great cook, One of my favourites

Picanha is our favorite around here. prolly my favorite thing I learned of because of this forum. yours looks great

Well............

I can immediately see one thing you did wrong......................the plates are too durn small.....................

Looks great..............I could wrap mt lips around about 3 pounds of that before I started feeling guilty.............LOL

Back