THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Yesterday I posted about how I finally got my hands on some cherry wood. Today I did a hot and fast pork shoulder with it. I trimmed most of the fat cap and cut slits in what was left. I held the temp easily between 300-325 in my chargriller akorn. I also threw a piece of pecan in with the cherry. I gave the shoulder a bath in SM sweet and spicy and it cooked for about 4.5 hours until it probed tender right around 200 internal temp. I then took it out and wrapped it in foil and rested it in an empty ice chest for about an hour. When I got it out it was perfectly tender and very moist. It had a great charred crust, which I love. Me and mini me ate some, then we vacuum sealed a few packages to freeze for later. The rest will be lunch for the next few days. The cherry definitely added an almost sweet smoke flavor that I look forward to using again. All in all it was a good day....minus a final second field goal miss :)

4e8y8asy.jpg

Before pulling.

eqequzym.jpg

The bone fell right out

y6ytu6y6.jpg

Mini me enjoying some too

y7a5aha5.jpg

Yummy

5ubanenu.jpg

vacuum sealed and ready to eat at a later date. I will boil it in the bag before eating.

It may not have been pretty enough to put in a comp box but it was delicious! thanks for looking.

Chris

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back