THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kjonge

Knows what a fatty is.
Monday was the day that I fired up my WSM 22" for the first time. I had the box in my garage for 3 weeks because I was in the middle of moving to a new house. After smoking on my 18" weber grill for more then a year the WSM was amazing.

I didn't have much time so I decided to go for some ribs I got from the local butcher. I rubbed the ribs with a little mustard and rubbed it in with some KC pork rub and let it rest for a while to warm up.

To fire up the WSM I decided to try the minion method, so first I put a full load of unlit chimney kingsford coals on the charcoal grate. Next I lit a halve a load of chimney and put them right on top of the unlit coals and assembled the rest of the cooker, I added half a hot water to the cooking pan.

I waited for the WSM to make it up to 200 before I put the meat on
wsm.jpg

It was amazinly easy to keep the temperature between 210 and 240 even during rain. Amazing!. After 3 1/2 hours I decided to open him up and spray some apple juice on it. Closing the lid dropped the temp to 150, I was able to get it back up to 210 so I let it run for another 1 1/2 hours.

Then I decided they were ready to be eaten.
The rib just off the grate:
riborg.jpg

And after some hickory smoke sauce:
rib.jpg

It was really good, I never had a rib that fell from the bone like that. I am really looking forward to more BBQing on this baby.

I am firing mine up for the first time this Sunday! Glad to hear your first time was a good experience. You always remember your first, good or bad, but its a better memory if it was good! :wink:

Back