THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

After 2 more cooks with the fireboard I limited the fan output in the settings to 50%. The temperature came up a little slower but its holding my cooker steady at 250 for the last 3 hours. Thanks for the tips guys.

After 2 more cooks with the fireboard I limited the fan output in the settings to 50%. The temperature came up a little slower but its holding my cooker steady at 250 for the last 3 hours. Thanks for the tips guys.

Good to know, thanks for sharing your settings. I will try this next.

Good to know, thanks for sharing your settings. I will try this next.
Using a Fireboard Drive with PitBull fan on a G2 Chubby, I had terrible overshoots, and never could get the temps to stabilize. Tried all mentioned in this thread to no avail. Finally figured it out though, got rid of the PitBull fan and adapted the Fireboard fan to the setup, and no more issues, other than what I create for myself.

Found out that the GURU fans are constant speed, and unable to run "properly" with the Fireboard Drive. The GURU fans are just on or off, and can not properly function with the Fireboard's variable speed fan output, i.e., if the Fireboard runs the fan at anywhere from 1% to about 30%, the PitBull fan doesn't even run, or if it does, it pulses. The variable speed fan from Fireboard will work perfectly at 1% to 100%, and allows the Fireboard to control the temps much better, in more granular detail.

If you have a Fireboard Drive and a GURU fan, test this out by trying to run the fan on manual at 10%...my PitBull fan would not even try to run till i was above 30%, and then it just pulsed.

Anyone want to buy 2 PitBull fans and a GURU Backwoods fan adapter...I got em if you want em.

Last edited:
I also agree with calling them.

I've had great luck with the fireboard drive on my Weber Summit Kamado (WSK). It doesn't need one but with it; I can sleep all night and not worry about it. I always get the smoker to temp before turning the fan on and it never overshoots that way. Stays within a couple degrees all night long.

The only problem I've ever had is the fireboard doesn't like changing which port I'm using for the control port. I need to shutdown and restart the fireboard to get it to use a different port. I've gotten in the habit of always using port #1 for it and have it labeled as "grill". I should probably update the firmware or something but my method works easily for me so that's what I'm doing :)

Back