FINALLY! A Sunday Cook!!

The_Kapn said:
And--ya left lots of room for fatties.
Dera is almost empty :lol: :lol:

Have fun BRO and enjoy the day!!!!!!

TIM

I know, I know.

But for some reason, I have a freezer full of Sage fatties. Can only take so much of them.

And I have 2 more on the counter. I'm pacing myself :razz:

Bill, you’re a good man!!! That “Dera must have been cryin out for attention for quite awhile:cry: . It’s a good thing that you are burnin something!!!:biggrin:
Smoke on brother, & post, post, post!!!!!!!!:grin: :grin:

willkat98 said:
Pretty gusty winds today.

Having used primarily the WSM over the past year, I forgot how much work fire control is on the Dera.

Couple times it locked in to 225-235 range, but a couple gusts would pump this puppy up to 250 to 260.

Using the firebox damper all day. 3/4 closed and still eating oxygen with the wind kicked up

if u need any help look in our roadmap, or call. :wink:

My lakers are getting smoked, and it would seem so is Bro. Willkat. I too am a BIG fan of the southern flavor.

if u need any help look in our roadmap, or call. :wink:

Waaaasayyyyy too farkin' funny:mrgreen:

Glad you're having fun Bill, that looks like a great batch of eats, now quit farking around and get the skinnies on:wink:

cabo said:
Bill, you’re a good man!!! That “Dera must have been cryin out for attention for quite awhile:cry: . It’s a good thing that you are burnin something!!!:biggrin:
Smoke on brother, & post, post, post!!!!!!!!:grin: :grin:

I sprayed the chit out of it with olive oil.

Definitely didnt want to hear "Snap" as the first sound she made

Noah,
I'll take some shots after the clean up.

I got two inches of crud on the inside, cept for the foiled bottom.

Its gonna be really hard to post picks of the finished products. 2 slabs of bb's were friggin inhaled. It has been 6mo's since BB's here, and everyone loved them

Daughter turned 7 Friday, and even she tried and liked the fall off the bone ribs (cook to your audience)

I was able to snag a quick pick at 165 going to the foil. Mini dino turd chusck shrunk in half. Its got a chili or stew in its future.

The pork butt was looking good too. Everything is in the cooler. Hit the plateau, and is down to 194 (off 6)

Chusck won't unwrap at all, and pork butt after Sopranos. Pork loin is smelling awesome.

Heres the pic while wrapping

Last edited:
nmayeux said:
How did it all come out? That dera' looks way too clean on the inside!

I was just thinking the same thing. After my 48 hours of cooking this weekend, I had enough crud on the grates and in the bottom I could have filled up an empty milk jug. The dog had a hey day eating the crumbs off the ground as cleaned em up.

Hawgsnheifers said:
I was just thinking the same thing. After my 48 hours of cooking this weekend, I had enough crud on the grates and in the bottom I could have filled up an empty milk jug. The dog had a hey day eating the crumbs off the ground as cleaned em up.

The back of the Dera has more crud, the further down you look (I use the heat sheild). The bottom is nearly clean, since I use foil

And I clean the grates every cook

Bill,
Food looks great! I guess my invite blew off the mantle...;) As far as cooking for your audience, I also like my ribs cooked to your daughter's liking. I have never been able to figure out the KCBS guidelines for ribs. I'm glad you had a nice day cooking.

Thanks Noah and Kick

Sopranos over 170 on the temp in the cooler, open it to an "Ahhhhhhhh"

1 inch of juice in the bottom of the cooler.

Throw wrapped chusck in a tupperware, rewrap the loin in HD Foil, and then pull the boston butt.

I pulled it with these kick ass rubber coated painters gloves from rbinms, Thanks Richie

You can;t tell from the pic, but this butt is in 1 inch of juice

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I forgot

My 13 year old grabbed the tray of pulled pork and passed it around like an appetizer.

Good Chit Maynard.

I smell like hickory, and I'm happy.

Got a ton of oversized apple logs for Greg next time I see him

Great stuff, Bill. I can see the juice in the butt foil. You had a good day. Deserved. enjoy the afterglow.

Thanks Qman

Anyone that tells me that spraying doesnt help with bark, are nuts.

Cherry juice box juice on everything, when I needed to open cooker due to temp spikes.

Spray a bit before wrapping, and let the cooler do its magic.

A fine day.

Thank you all for bearing with me. I needed this day. I just regret 3 things:

1. I never got the cheesy bread on ( need empty smoker, had later things)
2. I never got the skinnies on.
3. Not throwing on chicken, brisket, and the chirizo in the freezer.

Thanks brothers

And that, Mr. Bill, is the essence of our craft. There will be a next time, for the stuff we did not get to this time. Life, like bbq, is best done low and slow.

Back