THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sure can. As a matter of fact if you have 400W inverter I think you can start them all at the same time and not trip a fault. I know I have run my two tailgators on a 12v setup.

Hmmm I never run both for a full two days.... Do you have time to try to run them for a cycle and see how it does? You could also snag one of those solar chargers from Sam's club - I bet that would be able to keep up if the battery wasnt enough...

Like others said, yes you can run the FEC and Traegers off a 12v invertor.

I know that after the Traeger starts it only draws like 50 watts, not sure on the FEC100.

I have run my Traegers off 12v several times, just make sure you have a decent invertor that provides clean power.

Pete

Like others said, yes you can run the FEC and Traegers off a 12v invertor.

I know that after the Traeger starts it only draws like 50 watts, not sure on the FEC100.

I have run my Traegers off 12v several times, just make sure you have a decent invertor that provides clean power.

Pete

Yes, I believe the igniter uses 350W for 5min or less. Then the fan on the FEC uses less than 50w, I think. I'm sure someone with more brainpower than I have on a Sunday afternoon... could take the power rating for your battery, and come up with the theoretical output.... Or you could buy a 30pack and figure it out on your own :rolleyes: in depth testing.

Yea, start the eddy, then after it is rollin, start the traeger. Or test the overload capacity of that inverter :)

i run fec100 with inverter and marine deep cycle battery no problems

Pete

Pete, can you tell me what sized inverter, and I assume it is a pure sine wave inverter, you are using on your Traeger? I'm looking to make my small Traeger Jr. into a tailgater, but the guy at Traeger stated it requires a 400W inverter, which cost as much as my barbecue. I'm trying to find out if it's 400W max, and it needs to be like a 150W continuous. Really would be interested in what you're using.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Tom

Awesome thread - I hook up a trickle charger (solar panel) to my deep cycles...they never seem to run out - I have (2) wired in series.

Back