Favorite Flavor

I know you are the MAK mascott on this site. Have you considered getting a heavy D stick burner diffuser for it. I am just curious how well it works for a MAK.

The MAK has what they call the Funnel Flame Zone. Don’t think the heavy D stick burner would work with the MAK design. For $100 I’d give it a shot if I knew it would fit. Not sure I’d use it very often, but no harm in playing :)

119122cbfe1b2cc21557701bf1e6628b.jpg

The MAK has what they call the Funnel Flame Zone. Don’t think the heavy D stick burner would work with the MAK design. For $100 I’d give it a shot if I knew it would fit. Not sure I’d use it very often, but no harm in playing :)

119122cbfe1b2cc21557701bf1e6628b.jpg

As long as you can remove that "funnel" it should fit. But is there a drip pan for the MAK?

As long as you can remove that "funnel" it should fit. But is there a drip pan for the MAK?

The funnel comes out for cleaning, but is required to be in place for the rest of what you see in the pic. No funnel = no good. The drip pan is what you see in the pic with all the lil holes. When cooking indirect, there are 2 covers that go over the holes. I don’t think there would be a way to make it work with the FFZ setup.

The funnel comes out for cleaning, but is required to be in place for the rest of what you see in the pic. No funnel = no good. The drip pan is what you see in the pic with all the lil holes. When cooking indirect, there are 2 covers that go over the holes. I don’t think there would be a way to make it work with the FFZ setup.

Ah I kind of see what your saying. In that case you are correct. It wont work. You would have to remove all of that and add a drip pan. Its probably possible with some tinkering.

That said, i wonder how much it fires back toward the pot. You could probably stick a chunk of wood on the bottom near the pot and see if it burns. Front, back or the right side looks like it would get hit with enough fire/heat.

Last edited:
I agree. My favorite is cinderblock pit with burned down oak and hickory coaks. The drum is as close as I have found to that.

Yes sir! The way I grew up Q’en hogs with my grandpa. I can still smell it. I miss it.

Ah I kind of see what your saying. In that case you are correct. It wont work. You would have to remove all of that and add a drip pan. Its probably possible with some tinkering.

That said, i wonder how much it fires back toward the pot. You could probably stick a chunk of wood on the bottom near the pot and see if it burns. Front, back or the right side looks like it would get hit with enough fire/heat.

Darn folks at MAK… how dare they design their grill without taking the Smoke Daddy product lineup into consideration… lol.

Darn folks at MAK… how dare they design their grill without taking the Smoke Daddy product lineup into consideration… lol.

Seriously, just drop a wood chunk next to the pot next time you want to cook something in the 275F ish range. Whats the worst that can happen?

Seriously, just drop a wood chunk next to the pot next time you want to cook something in the 275F ish range. Whats the worst that can happen?

No harm in trying! I’ll give it a shot and see what happens. Will probably try w/ a meatloaf as that is the only thing I can think of that comes off the pellet munchers where I wish it had a tad more smoke.

Back