THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gator BBQ

Got Wood.
Have a little brisky competition with the bros this weekend. Going to inject the brisky and wondered what everybody's favorite injection recipes were? Thanks for sharing!

Game changer...... 2 1/2 Tbls and 2 1/2 cups of broth. Don't take my word for it.

adae5006-658c-645d.jpg

This is what we do. Redhot's modified coffee/bourbon marinade/injection.
Substitute brands if not available. We marinate for 24 hours then inject with the marinade. It's not your grandfather's comp recipe...

3/4 cup strong brewed coffee (Roastin' Ronnie's Twised Mokka Java)
1/2 cup bourbon (I used George Dickel)
1/2 cup Bigbutz Xtra Hot BBQ sauce
1/2 cup Soy Vay Island Teriyaki (way better/thicker that Kikkomon's)
2 T vinegar (I used some vinegar I pickled red jalapenos in)
1 T oil (used EVOO)
Gave it a good shake in a glass jar then added it to a giant zip lock with the brisket.

I use some beef stock and add in some garlic, onion and whatever rub I am going to use and heat it all up, cool it and strain out the bits.

1 can of undiluted Campbell's consomme mixed with some fine ground black pepper and granulated garlic. Let it sit overnight.

Back