THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did a wet brine with the patio Daddio ultimate turkey brine, The Naturrific Harvest Dry Brine, and a Big Easy Oiless fryer bird at last years Thanksgiving cook, and the dry brine bird was the one voted best by the group. I did not do any additional rub, and don't think it needed it, but I will probably try it this time anyway, just to see...

Dry brine and spatchcock all the way. Never messing with a big bucket of saltwater again!

Well not for my thanksgiving turkey at least... lol

I've used Smokin Okie's Holiday Brine for years. Last year I injected with Scottie's Creole Butter & spun it. This year I'm trying Harvest Brine and spatchcocking the bird. Just realized I've never spatchcocked a turkey before. I assume I should dry brine both sides of the bird?

My question is can you use the brine on more than 1 bird.... meaning can you do one bird take it out then do another bird in same brine????

I am going to try PatioDaddio's wet brine too!!!!!!

Last edited:
My question is can you use the brine on more than 1 bird.... meaning can you do one bird take it out then do another bird in same brine????

For cross contamination reasons no. Now if you had a tub big enough to hold two birds then that would fine. The comes from the years I worked in the fried chicken business and brining our own birds. Health code stated once we did one batch of birds we had to change the brine out before we did more birds.

Others may have a different opinion and the health codes could have changed since I was doing it 40 years ago.

Back