Favorite Brand and Flavor/ Type Pellets:

^^^ Yep what they said. FEC's are very frugal with pellets. I never actually measured how long a hopper will go. But I'll usually get a good 8-10 cooks of various types, maybe more.

Lumberjack hickory is my favorite.

Probably tried 10 other brands/flavs
When I get one I don't like, mixing in Apple helps...or using for higher temp cooks like pizza.

Buddies traeger has always produced great food, but he sticks with the 'traeger pellets only' policy. I think their pellets are overpriced, and also said to be 'flavored'

Last edited:
I run Lumberjack pellets bc they burn very well, give a deep smoke ring, and also are readily available locally. I always use a mix of 25% each hickory, cherry, maple, and pecan.

Buddies traeger has always produced great food, but he sticks with the 'traeger pellets only' policy. I think their pellets are overpriced, and also said to be 'flavored'

Yep, unless they have changed them in recent years, their "hickory" pellets don't contain any actual hickory wood. They are "flavored" with hickory oil. Whatever that is.

I've tried a few different pellets but my favorite is Pacific Pellets in championship blend or gourmet blend. I've been using them for the last 2years and I can't find a reason to switch brands. I get them for 9.99 for a 20# bag at sportsmans warehouse.

I went and picked up a few bags of lumberjack. It was awesomely shady. Email a guy on craigslist, get his cell number, arrange a meet, drive to his house, sit and wait. A good 3 hours were killed for me to pick up 4 bags of pellets.

Food tasted the same as the Pit Boss Comp blend that I can get at the Lowes 8 minutes away.

Back