Fangerman Farms Lamb?

It's a relatively small farm in Alabama and their processor is in Science Hill, KY, so the problem could be at the processor too. I've written them asking for a refund on the 'ribeye' and expressing my concerns about the tenderloin. How they respond will be important, at least to me.

Thanks for the review.

HERE is my current source (excluding ground lamb from Colorado, and domestic lamb breast from WallyWorld of all places). The new guys are part of the old Co-Op we've purchased from for many years, and their headquarters are 50 miles away. The last order they delivered (5 legs and 4 racks), but one market stocks certain items. I'll probably cook one of the racks during the holidays.

Thanks, Thirdeye! Their racks look incredible.

Well, I contacted them and they have refused a refund, saying that slow cooking is the way to cook lamb ribeye, although the few recipes on the internet all state saute for 10 minutes or less. They offered me $10 off on another order or $100 or more. They did add a note to the product online that says to slow cook it.

So I have disputed it with Paypal. I don't think this guy is a very good businessman. Every meat seller I have used online guarantees satisfaction. We will see how this plays out before I post any unfavorable reviews to a broader audience. I hate to do that to a guy's business.

Last edited:
Back