THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The food is edible. Prolly isn't going to WOW you but how many restaurants do that anyway. They have a pretty strong following at the ones I've eaten at. Always seemed to be busy. IMO the Bread Pudding is pretty darn good! Cheers!!!

Not as good as the BBQ I produce, but occasionally my family likes to go out and we find Famous Dave's a very acceptable place to dine. Love the chili.

It's ok. I was actually surprised by their brisket last time we went. It wasn't great, but it was good for restaurant BBQ in Maryland. Home cooked is the best, but there have got to be some places to find GREAT BBQ without having to do all the labor yourself E-V-E-R-Y time you want GREAT Q. Unfortunatly we don't have the little hole-in-the-wall BBQ joints that I had growing up outside of Houston.

We have one here in the Kentlands that is literally 3 minutes away, and I don't have to leave our PUD (planned urban developement), as it's within the walls of our mini-city.

Two issues: keg beer sucks, they don't clean their lines often, and when they do, they don't do a good job. Order a Bud on tap: Bud actually comes in and cleans the restaurants lines, to ensure the Bud products are good. But they only do their own lines. Had a Bud there last week: it was supurb.

Lastly: BBQ is 2nd to 3rd rate. I order their tenderloin steak cubes, or chicken wings. Lately, it's been the steak: they grill it, so it's good.

Now, I too, am a BBQ snob. My food I make these days is just so good, I prefer it to most restaurant BBQ. Not to say if we drove by Big Bob Gibsons, I wouldn't eat some Q, I would. But places like FD's: no thanks. Give me the steaK instead.

wow. I like Famous Dave's. I've had the chicken, ribs, rib tips, catfish, beans and potatoe salad. It's feels like home cooking to me. Good music. Good beer. and good food. Not great but good. I love going to Famous Dave's.

It's above average for a chain. If I have to eat BBQ that I don't cook, that is where it will be. We have a Smokey Bones, but I only eat the "buffaque"wings and with a $5 coupon it's hard to beat. I don't eat BBQ at either Smokey Bones or Sticky Fingers. At Famous Daves I get the rib tips and brisket. The chicken is also pretty good. The pulled pork is just OK. Not a big fan of the sausage. The fries are excellent. My opinion a decent place to go if you don't want to cook it yourself.

I think Famous Daves is really good BBQ each time I've eaten there. They've probably done more for brining BBQ to the masses since KC Masterpiece in the 80's. Chain doesn't mean worse than local. There are a LOT of local mom'n'pop BBQ joints that suck. YMMV, but I think they are doing real Southern BBQ at Famous Dave's.

Back