THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
We only have two BBQ joints, one is famous for food poisoning, and the other gets better reviews for mac-n-cheese than the meats. (it is good mac).

Today I see a Famous Dave's is coming to town. I saw Dave on one of the competition TV shows, and I will use one of his sauces in a pinch..... but I'm curious about the restaurant chain in general?

I like the ones that I have eaten at, but I hear there can be a bit of difference in the service level. It Commercial BBQ, but usually it's pretty decent. It won't match what you can make at home. I do like their sauces, specifically Devil's Spit. Let us know how yours is when it opens.

I order the sausage and brisket at my local FD's. I don't think the local FD has anyone in staff that can cook.

I like the ones that I have eaten at, but I hear there can be a bit of difference in the service level. It Commercial BBQ, but usually it's pretty decent. It won't match what you can make at home. I do like their sauces, specifically Devil's Spit. Let us know how yours is when it opens.

+1. I have eaten at Famous Dave's once and it was ok. I was unlearned in the ways of Q back then, but I don't recall it as being bad. I may think differently now.

But I do think the sauces are pretty good for the mass produced readily available kind. I like to spike Sweet & Zesty (or is it Sweet and Sassy?) with Devil's Spit to make a sauce with some zing.

+1. I have eaten at Famous Dave's once and it was ok. I was unlearned in the ways of Q back then, but I don't recall it as being bad. I may think differently now.

But I do think the sauces are pretty good for the mass produced readily available kind. I like to spike Sweet & Zesty (or is it Sweet and Sassy?) with Devil's Spit to make a sauce with some zing.

It's Sweet & Sassy I'm pretty sure. I really like the Apricot Bourbon sauce too.

I've been there a couple of times. Decent, but pretty typical commerical chain BBQ fair. Likely depends on service and all. Nothing bad about it, but nothing spectacular either.

Lunch beats Mc. Don. Little slow but you can get in & out in time.
The longer they are ther the more the big smokers get seasoned. So in time will do in a pinch

The bbq was uninspired, and I got a little of everything to try it out. My wife ordered some steak special they had, and I remember wishing I had ordered that instead.

Thanks for the comments....., I wasn't getting my hopes up too high. I know a couple of under-employed chefs that might have put in an application for management positions (neither is admitting to it yet).

It will be all across the board on answers. You ask here and will get the "It's just OK" Ask someone that does not enjoy Q as much as us and the answer could be much different. I have been a couple times, it is clean and comfortable, the food was not terrible. Try the Spicy Sweet Pickles, to me they are pretty good!

Dave's Devil's Spit is awesome!

John

Back