THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have the same situation....only I don't object as much.

Mine are not so much tasteless as they are textureless.

About 1 out of five times I go ahead and cook em my way...and appoligize about not getting them just right. haha..please dont tell.

1-800-DRL-AURA

I’d hit em if you cooked em. BYOB sauce

Thanks 16. I did try. Nice St. Louis trim. Rubbed em with some TX Best Rib Rub and gave 275F worth of LJ Pecan. I’d happily cook some for you however you’d like em.

As long as your wife got what she wanted

Your right Titch. I did enjoy doing them for her. They’re just not my cup of tea.

I have the same situation....only I don't object as much.

Mine are not so much tasteless as they are textureless.

About 1 out of five times I go ahead and cook em my way...and appoligize about not getting them just right. haha..please dont tell.

Nice tip. I think if she really strongly prefers them this way I’ll cook two racks or 2 half racks or something. I do like making food that others enjoy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I overcooked my last batch on the crutch and had 10 racks of bbacks that were a bit past done.
I vacuum wrap and freeze my bigger cooks for easy meals later on and they are still passable but not as good as usual. Agree that there is taste but not the texture.

I feel your pain. I hate when that happens, and the unfortunate thing is that you can't reverse it. One thing that I have done is use the product in another dish so you don't waste it or get reminded of that initial disappointment, (i.e. chop up the rib meat and use it on pulled pork nachos or in a Brunswick stew).

I too am in the same situation but, never had em turn out that objectable. Just remember better to be a bit frustrated than scorned :-D

Guess I'm the only one that prefers FOB

Lot's of people do.

I still like them, they're just not my preference.

I'd rather have them a little over done than underdone if served to me, the joy of underdone you can throw them back on smoker

so long as you don't cook them like sam the cooking guy, we're good

You mean put them in the oven on a cookie sheet in a bath of vinegar?

Yeah I've commented on his videos before begging him to never "bbq" again

I also referred him to Malcolm Reed for some help

Also, to be clear, Sam the Cooking Guy is great, love his channel, but he does not represent California BBQ at all.

Although if you ate at any "bbq" restaurant here.... yeah maybe he does represent us, sigh.........

I just don't see why your angry... your cooking ribs.. why not cook two racks instead of one? one how you like it and one how she likes it? more ribs for everyone and everyone should be happy? LOL

I used to do the same for my wife.
Cherish every moment...

Yes, I'm being a little dramatic. I enjoyed the cook/reason-for-the-cook, just not my favorite rib outcome.

I overcooked my last batch on the crutch and had 10 racks of bbacks that were a bit past done.
I vacuum wrap and freeze my bigger cooks for easy meals later on and they are still passable but not as good as usual. Agree that there is taste but not the texture.

The leftovers became tonight's pork tacos. Way better...

I feel your pain. I hate when that happens, and the unfortunate thing is that you can't reverse it. One thing that I have done is use the product in another dish so you don't waste it or get reminded of that initial disappointment, (i.e. chop up the rib meat and use it on pulled pork nachos or in a Brunswick stew).

I went the taco route, but we're definitely on the same wavelength.

Pull the bones put on a roll with pickle n onion boom mc rib! :)

Any bbq meat on a toasted bun with onion wins in my book.

I too am in the same situation but, never had em turn out that objectable. Just remember better to be a bit frustrated than scorned :-D

You're wise Joe. I'm trying to be better. :oops:

That is why you cook two racks, one her way and one yours. I've never foiled or wrapped ribs and don't particularly like fall off the bone and luckily the family doesn't either.

Guess I'm the only one that prefers FOB

No. You're definitely not alone. And definitely not wrong.

Happy wife = priceless

So true. And always good advice.

this is what I do with leftovers.

I don't hate fall of bone tender, it's not my favorite, but I'm not going to turn them down

I used the leftovers pretty well so that helped out.

Lot's of people do.

I still like them, they're just not my preference.

I'd rather have them a little over done than underdone if served to me, the joy of underdone you can throw them back on smoker

I'm with you re: under vs over done. I don't know Sam the Cooking Guy, and now I'm not sure if I want to. :p

You mean put them in the oven on a cookie sheet in a bath of vinegar?

Yeah I've commented on his videos before begging him to never "bbq" again

I also referred him to Malcolm Reed for some help

Also, to be clear, Sam the Cooking Guy is great, love his channel, but he does not represent California BBQ at all.

Although if you ate at any "bbq" restaurant here.... yeah maybe he does represent us, sigh.........

Well, for my $ the Malcolm Reed advice was solid. I know they're are lots of great cooks out there, but he's definitely one of the best.

Back