EZ up Pop up tents

Diesel Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I'm needing to get a new EZ up tent. Or 2 either 2 10x10's or a 10x20.

It looks to me as there's a lot of opinions on all the tents either way.
Now I was going to post this in the comp forum, but I know those fellas read here and I'll also get input from everyone on their experiences.

So please let me know what ones you have and consider top quality.
I need this one to last more than just a couple of years, if that's even possible, like my last 2 have

Thanks

Sams club sells EZ UP'S for 199.00. They are the heavy duty one's. I have been happy with mine. I think lots of the cheaper brands are not made as well. Others will know more about whats out there.

I have a Quick Shade Weekender and I would only recommend it for occasional duty. I have had to do a couple repairs of broken members on mine due to some wind and rain where I left the canopy up.

I tried to get link for ya can't, I on the job site and phone is limited.

I have several, but the $199 from SAMs that SF mentioned is the best. Easy to put up, has high roof and an enclosure that comes it. Heavy duty built.

EZ up is good. I always go for the ones with strait legs instead of the angled legs as they can be put side by side and seem strudier. Get one with the vent in the peak - It will help prevent lift off and allows smoke to vent out.
SD

Sams club sells EZ UP'S for 199.00. They are the heavy duty one's. I have been happy with mine. I think lots of the cheaper brands are not made as well. Others will know more about whats out there.

Those come with walls dont they. I am in the market for one or two of those, and they do seem to be the most affordable.

Thanks everyone.

I don't shop at Sam's Club, but I'm sure I can check their site and see what model it is and get it right from EZ Up. And the vented top is a great point to bring up, thanks

I went though a $100 walmart one and it lasted a year. I since bought a Coleman 10x10 from Target was $150 and still a step below Ez Up, but has lasted 2yrs and a lot of competitions and still is in great shape. Though when it does finally die I will probably get an Ez Up.

I'm not sure if you can get the Sam's bundle from anywhere but Sam's. It comes with the tent, sides, canopy, and carrying bag.

I think you can get a one day pass at Sams and pay a 10% markup on your one time purchase.

also Dave one of our BBQ for the Homeless group members has a Sams membership. Maybe he can hook you up somehow.

I just don't shop or support Wal-Mart and Sam's is a part of that company.

But it does seem EZ Up is the way to go.
I'm looking at their site right now and trying to find one with a vented roof.
I really appreciate the input everyone

Just spoke with a very helpful lady there and I'm looking at this one

http://www.ezupdirect.com/product/enterprise-ii-10-x-10/

And probably these for side walls

http://www.ezupdirect.com/product/food-booth-sidewall-10/

She explained to me that the vented top really wouldn't let out the smoke or help much with the wind lift. They only designed them because people wanted some venting at the top, but said for the added cost in that on the only one modle they have it on is really not money well spent

Dave, I can't blame you on the Sam's & Wally World thing but that is the best deal going. I looked at them last Friday. They have the package that comes with the walls and customizable sign.? I don't know about the sign but the walls are a good bonus!

We usually use two 10x10 EZ Ups when we compete.
Although it has worked out I think a 10x20 is a better way to go
if you can handle the exta weight in a single unit. It seems that every time
we are at a contest it rains and we end up with water dripping through the center
where the two tents join. We have tried gutters and rolling the two flaps together, which
have helped but ended up being a pain especially when you are heading to turn ins.

The down side to the larger tent is it being too big for the times when you only need a 10x10.

Good luck with your shopping.

Thanks Guido, I was considering a 10x20 but it seemed like you said, maybe too much if I only need a 10x10 at other times. I guess each has it's advantages and disadvantages.

Brother Pat, it probably is the best but I haven't even shopped at wally world in almost 9 years now. Principle Brother, principal.
But thanks for the input :thumb:

Back