THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When the temp probe isn’t jumping around it’s 40* difference but I don’t know if that’s accurate.? I’m gonna put 2 thermos in the door but the door is 2” thick and River Country doesn’t have any 4” or 6” stems so I’ll have to get TelTru - so $100 for 2 thermometers.
It has a Large 5” Exhaust I was running half open- just closed it off to 1/4 way open and will let it run a lil bit to see if it makes a difference.

Ran it a bit with exhaust at 1/4 way open and it's much Better. 15-20* Difference is Good Enough for me. This is running Empty- No meats.....

zvU26Dkh.jpg

I have a couple RC 5" thermometers new in the box but only 3" stems. Biscuit test is as good as my insulated cabinet. Without a heat baffle I would have thought the bottom reach would be 100+ hotter than the top. I'm impressed so far!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You need to make an ash pan. Even hd foil is better than nothing. Gotta protect the bottom of the FB as that's what takes most of the abuse. I also think the tube into the cc needs to be lower...or maybe that helps even out temps?

You need to make an ash pan. Even hd foil is better than nothing. Gotta protect the bottom of the FB as that's what takes most of the abuse. I also think the tube into the cc needs to be lower...or maybe that helps even out temps?

ya there's 10' under the tranfer tube- Wasted space and I think it Hurts it a bit. I think he only did that to use 1 piece across the front including firebox. If you look at your T&K the cook chamber doesn't come down as far as the Chute/firebox. Store models will probally not have that wasted space at the bottom......

Last edited:
I'm LIKING It...! I will replace the gaskets and add toggle latches, TelTru thermos, probally get an PitMaster IQ120 Puffer........... :heh:

I might weld in rails for a removable Floor to get rid of the wasted space in the bottom. Set it 2-3" below the heat transfer tube..........

I'm LIKING It...! I will replace the gaskets and add toggle latches, TelTru thermos, probally get an PitMaster IQ120 Puffer........... :heh:

I might weld in rails for a removable Floor to get rid of the wasted space in the bottom. Set it 2-3" below the heat transfer tube..........

Tuned in to see if this helps or if less space makes the bottom rack too hot. Alejandro might be onto something here.

Back