THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Been eating tongue for decades and never dreamed of doing anything like this

And to see the skin peel off so easy, this is obviously the way it needs to be done

Thanks

Does the flavor of the rub get past the skin much; do you think you could enhance the rub and smoke penetration by cross-hatching the skin?

For this particular cook. I don't worry much about the rub and smoke penetrating in deep. When you taste it you can tell its smoked and no additional seasonings are necessary.

The only way we eat tongue in our family is in tacos and usually has salsa.

Hey Tony! Good to see you here too! Always a great looking meal!

Hey buddy!!! Hope all is well with you and your family.

I was lurking on this site for a while and learned and got my start here.
I joined this site first before I discovered Tvwbb.

Hey buddy!!! Hope all is well with you and your family.

I was lurking on this site for a while and learned and got my start here.
I joined this site first before I discovered Tvwbb.
All is well out here.
I got my start with the tvwbb. My first real smoker was the 18.5"wsm and it just snowballed from there Lol! Thought I'd join this group after i got the Lang 84.

If it wasn't so darn expensive, we'd eat a lot of tongue. I have 3 girls 6., 4, and 2 and the only exotic meat they agree on is tongue. 2 like deer, 2 like goat, all three love tongue--the 2 year old even points to her tongue when she eats a taco made with it.

Excellent looking tongue. I'm looking for one the next time I go to the butcher's

Back