THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That's actually not a bad idea for base and bottles that can be re-used. I may have to re-think this Kraft thing. Although I'd never use it just plain.

Wildcat said:
rbinms,
I used to live in Horn Lake, Miss. My family owned the auto auction on Hy 51 south of Memphis. You know where that is?
Small world.

If you're talking about the one just south of Bullfrog corner next to the Amoco, I do. You're right....small world. I grew up in Southaven but lived in Horn Lake for 7 years before moving down to Coldwater. When was the last time you were here?

Brauma said:
Give me suggestions. Im all ears and willing to try new things.

I do want to participate in the next sauce trade. And dont worry, I wont be sending Kraft.

Sorry guy's I guess I have some work to do here in VA. Mark..... the same people that you talk so highly of right here in VA have an award winner. Come by the office I have a bottle for you.

rbinms33 said:
If you're talking about the one just south of Bullfrog corner next to the Amoco, I do. You're right....small world. I grew up in Southaven but lived in Horn Lake for 7 years before moving down to Coldwater. When was the last time you were here?

That's the one. My famliy opened it up in 64 and sold it 3 years ago when my father passed away. I worked for them for a while then quit and moved back up here where I was born. It was also the last time I've been there. We'll talk more on the PM or email.

Sawdustguy said:
I have also heard that alot of restuarants take basic Cattlemens and doctor it up to their liking.

There's a marginal corporate BBQ chain in Tulsa called Rib Crib. Some of you may be familiar with it. They've actually improved over the years, but I can't enjoy Q in a clean family-restaurant style environment :biggrin: . Anyway, my boss's nephew worked at one of their restaurants when he was in high school, and his first job was to take the labels off bottles of Head Country sauce and put Rib Crib labels on. Didn't even have to crack the lid. Now, Head Country evidently makes and labels a sauce just for Rib Crib, so theyve been able to cut labor costs.

Back