THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bbqbull

Watching over us.
100_1524.jpg

Made a pizza on the BGE last night using store bought dough.

100_1521.jpg

Used Phils home made sauce recipe only on a much smaller scale.

100_1523.jpg

Wasn't real pretty but it sure ate good.

100_1525.jpg

Tried to precook next pizza dough.

100_1527.jpg

Lifted up the top and the top fell out of the ring hitting the concrete.

100_1527.jpg
:shocked::doh::mad2:

Called my local dealer, they wanted pictures so I sent them to them, awaiting a verdic from the Mother Ship.
Fingers crossed here, wish me luck please.

Last edited:
FARK! Hope they make it right for you Bull. On the other hand, pizza looks good from here! I'd hit some slices.

Bob

Man, hate to see that! That is the reason Guerry didn't want a BGE. Well, that and the fact that he's accident-prone. Like when he got the kettle hotter than h-e-double L, didn't use a hot pad to lift the lid, dropped it like a hotcake and bent the handle over. Yep, we'd be in trouble with a BGE. Sure hope the Mother Ship does you right!

Seeing this, I'll need to check all of my bands this weekend. I notice on my circa 2004 egg, that the bandsvare different. Mine is welded at the back instead of clinch pins. Also, mine has a rivet that protrudes into the ceramic that looks like it would prevent the lid from doing that. I wonder why they changed the design?

I hope they help you out. I also notice your gasket is toast. Get a nomex replacement.

Back