THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are they free if not delivered in 30 minutes or less? I'd hit an order! Looking good. Don't know if you garden, but if you ever get some green tomatoes, try em in place of the tomatillos! Great stuff! You can roast em too.

Bob is a heretic, ignore him. Keep the tomatillo and replace some of the jalapeno with Serrano;)

I'm only a couple thousand miles away...

What else went into the salsa besides what you pictured? I can follow that visual recipe very well.
Sorry guerre, you're outside my delivery range.
The recipe is as follows and is the mild version of this. (I did a double recipe above) It can be adjusted to suit your heat preferences.
1 lb. of tomatillos. (that’s usually 9 to 10 medium tomatillos)
1/2 onion (cut in quarters with the root ball intact)
3 medium jalapenos
3 cloves of garlic.
1 bunch of cilantro
1 lemon or lime.
Roast everything but the lemon or lime and the cilantro.
The onions usually get done first. Cut the root ball away and place in the blender. The jalapenos should be nice and charred on the outside. Once they are set them and the garlic aside. The tomatillos will get some char on them as well but they are only ready to put in the blender (you see I place it right next to the kamado) when they become squishy soft. Once everything is ready, skin and seed the jalapenos and add them along with 3 garlic cloves, the cilantro and the juice of the lemon or lime to the blender. This will make a nice thick sauce. If you want you can add some store bought enchilada sauce to make it more liquidly.

Are they free if not delivered in 30 minutes or less? I'd hit an order! Looking good. Don't know if you garden, but if you ever get some green tomatoes, try em in place of the tomatillos! Great stuff! You can roast em too.
Thanks Bob. I'll give that a try one of these times.

Hmmm... Just checked my mailbox... No pan of enchaladas there.

Oh, and I'd skip Blu. He only has 10 beers, so I am sure that ain't enough...

Looks great. Enchiladas verde con pollo are favorites around here. I do cheat a little bit though. I make a medium brown roux and add the blender contents to it. It really richens up the flavor of the sauce. Not authentic but really tasty... :)
Thanks Marty. That sounds very interesting.

Those enchiladas look awesome! I grew some tomatillos in the garden two years ago, and made a big batch of salsa verde just like you did-roasted everything on a wood fire. My only other addition was several cloves of garlic. Problem was that it was devoured in one night by the family and company. Love the stuff. I have to try enchiladas on the OTG next time! Thanks for making me hungry :smile:
Thank you wood-n-coals and you're welcome! :becky:

Bob is a heretic, ignore him. Keep the tomatillo and replace some of the jalapeno with Serrano;)

Actually, the initial smell of tomatillos when you remove the husk, just really turns me off to em. :heh: One year, my garden had a bunch of green maters at the end of the season, and gave em a try. Worked like a charm.

Bob aka tomatillo heretic:laugh:

I concur with the Serrano suggestion though!:thumb: Hatch green chile is the bomb too!

Back