THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
I salvaged some 12" x 15" cast iron grates from a gasser that had been tossed out. I thought about using them on my offset smoker. Decided against that. I figured the low & slow method would just make clean up harder. Not hot enough to burn it off clean.
Then I had another brain fart. I just set the CI grate on top of my 22.5 hinged grate. I fits between the hinges perfect. Could of been 2" longer, but hey, it was FREE!

IMG_3590.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

That will work just fine. I'll never buy cast iron grates for my kettles, I just borrow one from my Char-Griller.

Yip, I did the same thing with a busted Charbroil infrared burner in the scrap bin at Home Depot. It works grate, no more flare ups.

IMG_0069.jpg

This is an awesome thread!!! I do believe I just found a great idea for my next steak cook!! Thanks fellas!!

Had a brain fart or three myself!

Char Broil grates salvaged from a gasser.
IMG_2782.jpg

My Performer came with the original Cast Iron Sear Grate

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

Salvaged Weber Genesis cast iron grate fit as well.

IMG_1501.jpg

100_2840.jpg

Lodge used to make a hefty one that fits the 22" kettle, if you can find one it would be a score!

Grill Grates are the chit too!

IMG_4029.jpg

Back