THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
Hopefully everyone had a blessed Easter. Being Easter I did a whole lamb shoulder. Since lamb shoulders are relatively small I also decided to do moink balls for snacks.

Put the shoulder on the Yoder. Nekkid. No seasoning until serving time. I've done this before and it has worked really well

kVJb7iWh.jpg

In the mean time I started on the moink balls. Disclaimer or a confession but oddly enough I've never done moink balls til yesterday. :-D Made 2oz balls

UhuskVNh.jpg

Nice enough color on the shoulder

lnDG6pbh.jpg

So I wrapped

ahoDyZdh.jpg

Downtime

HUP6jdch.jpg

Fast forward and I pulled the shoulder to rest

ACEd6c8h.jpg

While the shoulder was resting I smoked the moink balls

xZrKR1fh.jpg

Sauced half with Tiger sauce and the other half with TX pepper jelly bird bath

JTaCNS4h.jpg

Snack time

q0OYdIdh.jpg

LS4WUW8h.jpg

Not before sprinkling the moinks with BPS Happy Ending

rUxhMFEh.jpg

Q6v17kuh.jpg

Shoulder ready to pull after all the moinky goodness

X1EQNSJh.jpg

IlMlrAYh.jpg

A great Easter Sunday. Thanks for looking!!

Lamb looks divine, Moinks look like they came from a long time Moinkballer! Great job, Sako!

Nice cookin! I have some of the happy ending but have not used it, how did you like it?

Thanks Tom!

I like it very much on pork or anything sauced. I sprinkle a light layer after saucing it to bring back some of the rub flavor. When it sits on a rack hot off the grill, after a few mins it starts melting down and the sugar in it caramelizes. Gives it a nice pop after biting into a rib or the moink ball for example. Nice finishing layer of flavor.

I love it on ribs especially

d6pjdaeh.jpg

Looks like you had a wonderful Easter. I have to agree it looks like you are a seasoned veteran on the moink balls.

Great color on that lamb and the moink balls look fantastic. Glad to see you all had a great Easter.

Happy Easter Sako! As usual, very nicely done on your meal. Will now be looking for lamb shoulders at the market. That's not something I would have thought to cook previously.

BTW: Hard to believe you haven't made MOINKs previously! (although I don't believe those are official MOINKs...my understanding was that official certified MOINKs require use of pre-made meatballs :p)

Bruce

Looks great neighbor!

Of course Sako would make extra large handmade Bacon Wrapped Happy Ending Moinks!

I use it on Ribs regularly.

Back