THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Same here. I'm really thinking about hitting him up for a sausage class. I've been trying to source something decent for my food trailer and I think doing my own is the way to go long term. You can customize to taste and there's a significant cost savings compared with buying commercially available sausage.

Not to mention the accolade and the swag of making your own hot guts. I remember Daniel Vaughn blasting a bbq trailer for using Eckrich Farms jalapeño cheddar links, even though I find them tasty myself.

Same here. I'm really thinking about hitting him up for a sausage class. I've been trying to source something decent for my food trailer and I think doing my own is the way to go long term. You can customize to taste and there's a significant cost savings compared with buying commercially available sausage.

Those brisket trimming scraps go a long way!

Not to mention the accolade and the swag of making your own hot guts. I remember Daniel Vaughn blasting a bbq trailer for using Eckrich Farms jalapeño cheddar links, even though I find them tasty myself.

That was a place near me called Witt Pitt BBQ he blasted for using store sausage. I thought it was Chappell Hill sausage though. I could be wrong on that.

Not to mention the accolade and the swag of making your own hot guts.

Truth. Plus, I just really like to tweak things, so the idea of making exactly what I want appeals to me.

I tried some of Tejas Chocolate's Chili Relleno sausage a couple of weeks ago and it was insanely good. I'd give my left nut to come up with something that tasty.

Back