THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mikeyd

Got Wood.
Ok guys need your help for a mix I've never used on brisket. I have some Traeger Beef shake and Dizzy Pig pijeapple head. Thinking of putting both on a small 6lb-8lb brisket.

Give me some honest opinion?

I was going for the salty/sweet taste?? Thats all i'm putting on it.

Thanks

Mike

If you want salty/sweet then I assume they would work, however I've never tasted those rubs before. Personally I would put the Dizzy Pig rub on the last hour or 2 of your cook that way you can still taste the sweet before the sugars get all caramelized.

Personally, I would put salt and pepper on a brisket (not really, I would add granulated garlic, onion and a tiny amount of sugar). I would not use the Pineapple Head on brisket. But, that is my taste. I think of it more as a chicken, pork, seafood rub.

Pineapple Head is great on grilled fruit. It is definitely sweet if that is what you're after. I think I'd try that experiment on a smaller cut of beef or a piece of that brisket before going all-in with that. Haven't tried the Traeger rub so I can't really comment on that one.

I've only used the Pineapple on chicken or pork not my briskets as I'm a more traditionalist on brisket seasoning but I'd assume it'd go ok. IIRC there's some cinnamon to it so not sure how that'd go w/ beef. I'm a mad scientist experimenter myself so have at it as there's no harm in seeing how it does taste.

Back