THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

just set it to what they suggest. It does not matter what it means. You dont need to know that part. You dont need to know how a PID works to change the settings.

If that doesnt help them try the auto tune function

Yes. I just programmed what Auber suggested in the manual for my PID controller and it seems to work really well. Record the default settings to change back when doing SV cooking (or refer to the manual). Once you do it a couple times, it's quick and easy to change the parameters.

Thanks. Do you think a wide PVC pipe with cap would make a good mount? I realize there is the heat issue, but I would glue some thermo gasket where it meets the bowl. It might look better than a painted can...

Thanks for the info and the link PDP... Here is the PID I bought last year for SV cooking:

http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=44

Auber support said it would work fine for a small fan like the one you showed above. They sell that fan you show, but it is a little pricy. I'll have to look around and see if I can get it for less. The can idea over the vent is a good one. The way Auber demos it, there are two vents still open.

Hmmm... Will I have to reprogram this PID?

All the vents have to be closed (except the one the fan is in, of course). Aluminum duct tape works well.

Thanks for the info. This thread is a little old. About a month later I just ordered an Pitmaster IQ 120 and I am quite happy with it.

Here's the one dad and I built for the UDS. It's on the horizontal offset in the picture, but you get the idea. Love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 219
Back