THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well, not so good results for the big people. My daughter took reserve grand out of 14 kids in the kids Q age 5 to 11 and my neice took third out of 10 kids in the kids Q 11 to 15 age group. As for us, we got called for tenth place pork out of 67 teams and everything else sucked! At least to the tables they landed on. I thought my chicken took about what it deserved... 34th. Tammy's ribs tok 28th but I thought they derserved higher. Brisket... It was moist and tender (at least it was to me) but not a lot of flavor. Took 57th place. :oops:

Vending was a TON of work!!! We didn't do as well as I had hoped we would but after they take their share, we should net about $875. My brother came up from Castle Rock and hawked our comp meat and we sold out of all of it in less than an hour. :-D The sales won't cover all expenses but at least it makes for a cheap 4 days in the Rockies in August!

We spent the night last night in Idaho Springs, CO and will do a little sight seeing today before heading down towards Denver to spend the night tonight and drive back home in the morning.

Photos will come in a few days.

Last edited:
As much I would like to win, having a kid win RGC would be the highlight of the week-end. For her to accomplish that means you and the wife have spent lots of time together.

Congratulations and hope you have many more great weekend.

As much I would like to win, having a kid win RGC would be the highlight of the week-end. For her to accomplish that means you and the wife have spent lots of time together.

Congratulations and hope you have many more great weekend.

Absolutely! Every time she wins, it makes our contest, regardless of how we do. Hell, both grands she's gotten, I've gotten teary eyed! :lol:

Anyway, we're home now but not without adventure... last night after stopping in Denver to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant, La Loma, we headed on out to Limon, CO and spent the night. This morning, we get up and hit the highway at 8:30 am... and tonight, I'm lucky to still own a Spicewine. Or at least one in one piece! About 8 miles west of Stratton, CO on I-70, while traveling at 75 mph in the left lane in traffic, my van blew a farkin' tire!! The front driver side blew right after I heard a noise like a thumping sound. I realized quickly I had a problem and signaled to pull over to the right lane so I could get the fark off the highway. About the time I got into the right lane, I felt it blow and my steering wheel went nuts. I eased the brakes on as I pulled to the shoulder. Don't know how it happened that I was lucky enough not to lose control and trash the van and smoker but I didn't. Took my wife and I over an hour to get the spare off and replace the shredded tire. Then we discovered that the other three tires have dry rot cracks in the sidewalls!! :shock: :eek: Needless to say, with no spare left, my stomach was in knots all the way back across Kansas, fully expecting another one to go at any time. Every bump made me cringe! But we made it with no further problems and rolled into the driveway at about 8pm tonight. What a capper to the trip today was! :lol:

glad you made it home safe. I'm sure it made that horrid drive across Kansas a little more exciting.

Back