THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BeardedBassGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Didn't feel like firing up the smoker this weekend, but I DID want to cook, so I lit up the kettle on Thursday night, and again on Sunday afternoon.

Chicken 3 different ways on Thursday. I used Sucklebusters Pecan rub on a few. I've been MORE than pleased with all Sucklebusters products previously, but this one missed the mark. No one at the table really liked it. Maybe I used it wrong, not sure.

Sunday was surf and turf day! I was gifted some ribeyes from a friend, and HEB had fresh Gulf Shrimp on sale for $5 a pound. Ribeyes got a mix of Sucklebusters SPG and 1836, and cooked the traditional way, seared first. The shrimp got peeled and deveined, then skewered. Basted with fresh lime juice, dusted with SPG, and doused in clarified butter on the grill. All were delicious.

I'm making a poor man's vortex this week out of a stainless steel bowl, and hopefully that works and gives me a nice place to sear. If it fails, I will order a real one. Also ordering a Kettle Pizza ... Can't wait to try both.

Thanks for looking!

e1LDitwl.jpg

Hqxsxgpl.jpg

It all looks great. Sounds like you are really getting into this bbq thing. In a few more years you're gonna have more stuff than you can you can use. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Haha nah. Ok maybe. I still haven't even unpacked my Blackstone griddle...
I never use my bs. Sounded like an awesome toy. I am not a short order cook. Thought the pizza kit would be fun. Used it a few times. Rotisserie... used it a lot for a couple months. I think I'm too easily influenced. :heh:

I never use my bs. Sounded like an awesome toy. I am not a short order cook. Thought the pizza kit would be fun. Used it a few times. Rotisserie... used it a lot for a couple months. I think I'm too easily influenced. :heh:

We cook a lot of breakfast foods and tacos. Got it for that, but haven't been able to get it from storage (where I dropped it off) back to the house. Soon though...

Back