THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My wife is an insulin dependent diabetic so I understand the struggle is real. Something that has worked well for us is different salsas and pico de gallo in place of sauces. I even tried some different fruit based salsas (mango, peach, etc..), just watch the fructose. Probably the most difficult thing for us to manage are the sides - they all seem to be full of carbs and sugars.

Grilled veggie sides are nice! Like mushrooms, asparagus etc.. slathered in butter :) Maybe a grilled tomato ? How about a side salad with vinegar & olive oil dressing?

A small pile of pulled pork dressed with Shack Attack sauce :) With a big side salad or grilled veggies sound delicious. Or instead of pulled pork maybe some brisket, or ribs w/o sweet red sauce.

I really love the veggies these days. I eat a leafy green salad almost everyday.. fill plate with spinach and top with radish, scallions, a couple cherry tomatoes, maybe some cucumber & scallion. Dice up some processed meat or leftover chicken from homemade chicken broth. Loads of extra virgin olive oil.. salt , pepper, crushed red pepper and low carb vinegar (white, red etc.. not balsamic).

Grilled veggie sides are nice! Like mushrooms, asparagus etc.. slathered in butter :) Maybe a grilled tomato ? How about a side salad with vinegar & olive oil dressing?

A small pile of pulled pork dressed with Shack Attack sauce :) With a big side salad or grilled veggies sound delicious. Or instead of pulled pork maybe some brisket, or ribs w/o sweet red sauce.

I really love the veggies these days. I eat a leafy green salad almost everyday.. fill plate with spinach and top with radish, scallions, a couple cherry tomatoes, maybe some cucumber & scallion. Dice up some processed meat or leftover chicken from homemade chicken broth. Loads of extra virgin olive oil.. salt , pepper, crushed red pepper and low carb vinegar (white, red etc.. not balsamic).

Try some veggies on the smoker. I have done tomatoes, garlic, onions, peppers, mushrooms, etc. You can make a pretty good salsa or marinara sauce with smoked veggies.

Back