DFW Area - New US Foods "Chefs Store"

Bacchus2b

is Blowin Smoke!
Just a heads up to the North Texas Brethren, US Foods has recently opened a new "Chef's Store" at 4240 Alpha Road in Farmer's Branch near the intersection of I-635 and the North Dallas Tollway. I'm sure they are trying to capture some of the "cash & carry" business that Restaurant Depot enjoys. US Foods brings in all of these products for their Dallas Broadline distribution, so why not open a store to the public?

It's very similar to Restaurant Depot in layout with fresh, frozen, and dry areas, but somewhat smaller in square footage, at least compared to the Dallas Restaurant Depot. One major difference is the "Chefs Store" does not require a business license or membership to shop, and they are open to the public. It is also much cleaner than Restaurant Depot with friendly, helpful employee's.

Their meat selection is very nice, and they actually carry Prime Brisket which was $3.50 per pound on my last visit. Spare Ribs are nicely trimmed without shiners and packed two per bag in cryovac. They were about $2.00 per pound. Loin Backs are on sale right now for $2.34 per pound. They were also marking down meat close to expiration dates with bright stickers. Ribs nearing the sell by date were marked down to $.99 cents per pound.

I picked up ten pounds of Outside Skirt Steak there for Fajitas at $6.75 per pound. Outside Skirt is virtually impossible to find in grocery stores here with all of them carrying the cheaper inside skirt. I had forgotten just how much I prefer Outside Skirt for flavor, texture, etc. The membrane on both sides takes some time to remove, but with a sharp knife and some patience you get it done quickly.

Here is a link to their latest email flyer, go check them out if you are in the area.

https://mailchi.mp/patronsemail/red-hot-special-hash-browns-2999case-274337?e=53fe0219e4

Love that store.

I picked up some great ungraded brisket for 1.68/lb.

It came out amazing. I don't see a reason to buy prime any longer if I can get good brisket for $1.68

Thanks for the heads up! I recently joined KCBS just to check out restaurant depot, and was... not that impressed. I'll definitely go check this place out soon.

Thanks for letting us know this! Fun Fact: My dad actually just retired from US Foods after 30 years of truck driving. I'll have to bring him with me when I go.

This place is great! Good prices on meat. Ribeyes, eye of round, pork shoulders and ribs. Brisket is about the same as Costco in price. Angus is more expensive overall. They have cuts like shoulder clod and whole Chuck rolls as well as beef plate ribs. All competitive prices. Prime ribeyes are 9 something a pound. Sorry for the rambling, but this is a nice to have access to some of this stuff and get a decent price.

Back