THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it was up to me I would be staying home.
I wouldn't worry about it Coz. We're all big boys (some of us are bigger than others!)...

For us, it was a choice between Minn. in May and the Dells... We got lucky and got the free ride at the banquet to the Dells.

To be honest, even with all of the rules (that make less and less sense), I'm still looking forward to seeing all of my friends!:becky:

So if we have to buy their beer does that mean we are getting a discount? I mean we should get some sort of deal seeing as the competitors are what will bring the crowds in to make them all of their money.

So if we have to buy their beer does that mean we are getting a discount? I mean we should get some sort of deal seeing as the competitors are what will bring the crowds in to make them all of their money.
My gut tells me that would be wishful thinking.... They sound like they are in it just for what ever money they can find and don't care how many they piss off doing it.... JMHO

• Thanks
Reactions: Coz
I sent the organizer an e-mail yesterday suggesting they give comp team an at cost price on beer. Here is what I received early this morning.

Good Morning! I thank you for your suggestion.

I posted the following response on the BBQ circuit this morning,

Good Morning! I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that the no carry in law is causing anyone. We are an existing business that holds a Class B Beer/Liquor license and we are required to follow the law about this. WI statute 125.32 (6) (a) states that no carry in's are allowed at any establishment holding an existing license. We will have beer and liquor for sale at reasonable prices in our concessions area and we are waiting for an answer back from the A & T Enforcement about the possibility of selling convenience packs (such as a case) with the license that we have. We did not realize that alcohol would become such a focus at our BBQ competition and I apologize for any confusion regarding this.

For beer we will sell glasses ($3), boots ($10-orginial (souvenir boot), $6-refill, pitchers ($13.00-original), $12 refill. We will have four types of beer. We also will have a bar selection available-specific types/prices have not been set.

It's late & I probably shoudn't be posting but...............I just feel like I/we were takin advantage of. They knew this going in. This sh!t should have been posted on their website. Don't get me wrong I'm coming and competing & we"ll have a lot of fun. I'm looking foward to coming north for once & making some new friends. But I think I'll find a different WI venue for next year. I'm done ranting. See ya next month.

The good news was last week I found out that they opened up 4 40'x40' spots, the bad news is the wife said being I am dumping so much money into building a new rig, no fundage for the competition. :mad2: I WANT IT ALL! :evil:

kinda reminds me of a couple long gone Wisconsin contests--as far as the alcohol thing anyway(Madison '04)--we saw what happened at that 'festival'--weren't any forums around then to spread the news then!

I sent the organizer an e-mail yesterday suggesting they give comp team an at cost price on beer. Here is what I received early this morning.

Good Morning! I thank you for your suggestion.

I posted the following response on the BBQ circuit this morning,

Good Morning! I am truly sorry for any inconvenience that the no carry in law is causing anyone. We are an existing business that holds a Class B Beer/Liquor license and we are required to follow the law about this. WI statute 125.32 (6) (a) states that no carry in's are allowed at any establishment holding an existing license. We will have beer and liquor for sale at reasonable prices in our concessions area and we are waiting for an answer back from the A & T Enforcement about the possibility of selling convenience packs (such as a case) with the license that we have. We did not realize that alcohol would become such a focus at our BBQ competition and I apologize for any confusion regarding this.

For beer we will sell glasses ($3), boots ($10-orginial (souvenir boot), $6-refill, pitchers ($13.00-original), $12 refill. We will have four types of beer. We also will have a bar selection available-specific types/prices have not been set.

What is this "BBQ Circuit" that she posted on? Nothing was posted here and I didn't see anything on the BBQ Forum.

INMitch, I agree that is should have been on their web site or on the application, not made available only after we paid our non-refundable entry fee.

If we don't find you first, please stop by our spot to say hello!

OK I am moving forward here . We will host the 9:22 ceremony might be a little crowded inside the tents but we will try GJ and choco milk for the sissys like me who dont drink. I will be off the grid till tomorrow nite.I am off to pit bitch for Buzz at Pits and Spits in appleton where he is hosting a BBQ class.
By the way if some one wants to preach for the ceremony let me know.

I just got an interesting phone call from the orginizer this morning basically asking what the hub-bub was.

I explained the best I could that 99.99% of the competitors are just straight shooters and would have liked this information before the entries were sent in.

She did say that her hands were tied when it came to bringing in booze for consumption. She is trying to get a temp license to sell by the case/6 pack at cost.

To be honest, I have to give her credit. She is trying to be as accomidating as she can under the rules that she has been given and seems willing to work with everyone.

OK I am moving forward here . We will host the 9:22 ceremony might be a little crowded inside the tents but we will try GJ and choco milk for the sissys like me who dont drink. I will be off the grid till tomorrow nite.I am off to pit bitch for Buzz at Pits and Spits in appleton where he is hosting a BBQ class.
By the way if some one wants to preach for the ceremony let me know.

As of right now, ChambersUAC is going to be there... Maybe he can come up with something...

Yeah Dive, I agree with ya there. Though I'm not thrilled about some small details regarding this contest, I do believe that the miscommunications were an honest mistake. My impression of Tanya, is actually very good overall. She always replies promptly, and she is trying to work with us where she can. I’m sure they’ll have some other Snafu’s along the way, but if this is all it is, I’ll be all right with it. I mean lets be real, who’s not gonna have a bottle of something hidden in a plastic bottle somewhere. I don’t regret signing up for this one, because I believe this has the potential to be one of the biggest contests in Wisconsin. If it does go well, there’s a lot of money in the Dells that could really grow this contest.

Pete G.

Yeah Dive, I agree with ya there. Though I'm not thrilled about some small details regarding this contest, I do believe that the miscommunications were an honest mistake. My impression of Tanya, is actually very good overall. She always replies promptly, and she is trying to work with us where she can. I’m sure they’ll have some other Snafu’s along the way, but if this is all it is, I’ll be all right with it. I mean lets be real, who’s not gonna have a bottle of something hidden in a plastic bottle somewhere. I don’t regret signing up for this one, because I believe this has the potential to be one of the biggest contests in Wisconsin. If it does go well, there’s a lot of money in the Dells that could really grow this contest.

Pete G.

Very well said Pete! I totally agree. Thanks for speaking with her Dive, I think it will all be fine in the end...its just 7UP in my red cup:becky::icon_shy

Well, I just got another email from Tanya...

Good Afternoon! I hope everyone is doing well!

I know there have been a lot of questions about the beer carry in restrictions. We have gotten it approved that we can sell convenience packs (cases) of beer to the competition teams. We will ask that you still do use discretion with the beer and of course the KCBS rules regarding serving of the public (not allowed) will still apply. The beer cans will be allowed in the competition area only and will not be allowed in the activity portion/band area/main tent/etc. of the festival. We will not be selling cans of beer to any of the public attendees.

To purchase the beer, please ask when you arrive and check in, if you would like it right away. Otherwise, you can ask at the concessions stand and it will be delivered to your site. Beer can only be purchased (as a convenience pack) between 8:00 am and 9:00 pm. So please make all of these purchases prior to 9:00 pm. After 9:00 pm, we will still be able to sell beer at our concessions area in a per glass/per boot/per pitcher basis. We can only accept cash, but there is an ATM on the festival grounds.

We will be selling cases (24 cans) of:

Budweiser
Bud Light
Bud Light Lime
Busch Light

The cost will be $18.00 per case.

Please feel free to call or email if you have any questions about this or anything else. I am happy to help!

Thanks,
Tanya

Again, I feel a need to applaud her :clap2::clap2::clap2: in her attempts to accommodate us. If you need to contact her, the email address is [email protected].

Now if they could just add Shiner to the list of beers... LOL

I suppose they are trying to accommodate us, but $18 for a case of Bud products? Ouch! I guess that's better than $3 a beer...

Just to give us something else to talk about...

I went to their site to see what else is going that weekend and I noticed that they have a band playing until 1AM on Saturday morning! I sure hope we're not close to the stage! I need my pellet sleep! :-D

Finally, something I know a little about......$18 is the going rate in southern WI for 24 packs of Bud products, might be a little steep for Busch Light.

Back