THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

armor

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Sometime ago I recall a thread on cooking a brisket half way and finishing it the next day. If anyone reading this has done this what exactly did you do and how did it turn out?

Amor..........................................;}-

If time gets too short or fuel goes south or I just get tired,I will take my meat to the oven set to the temp.you wanted on the smoker and go to bed.You'll know when it is done by the smell,like a BBQjoint.Yes,Grasshopper you can do this and unless you're a Professional Pit Master,you can't tell.:thumb:

Not what I was talking about. I guess I didn't make myself clear. I am cooking for a party tomorrow and wanted to partially cook brisket today and hold until tomorrow to finish. Anyway someone who has done this gave me their method and I will give it a go.
Thanks anyway.

Never done it but my neighbor did and then invited my wife and I over for dinner and I swear I needed a chainsaw to cut through it. I made up my mind I would never do this, Just so a fast & hot 4 hour brisket on the same day and serve it hot would be my recommendation.

Personally, I would do one of the following:
- Change my plans and cook it tomorrow
- Cook it today and reheat it tomorrow

I wouldn't try to partially cook it, hold it for a day, then finish cooking it.

Back