THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reosed

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
The other day I was browsing the net and I saw a video of how to debone a chicken and instantly thought, I could do that.

ChefSteps.com asked if they could post the below photo on their Facebook page, so I thought I should share it here too, since yall taught me about smoking and how to build a UDS. Thanks guys!

So here is my Brined Deboned Chicken stuffed with sausage, onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, and fresh sage. Smoked at 300-350F and basted with bacon fat! I flipped the bird twice to get all of the skin a nice golden brown. The skin was bite through with none of it pulling off!

1422505_803974066307324_6825726710115783517_n.jpg

It really is a joy to slice into a bird that you deboned,
Reo

Sorry, I was being lazy. I don't have a photo of that bird sliced up, but I do have some of my second bird.

This is a deboned bird, stuffed with cajun sausage, rubbed with cajun spices, and basted with bacon fat. Cooked in the same manner as the first.

20141021_231213.jpg

And here it is sliced up!

20141022_134135.jpg

That was for some guys at work that were putting in crazy hours doing server migrations. I was up all night with them and started cooking this for them at about 2am. I knew they all had to be in the office the next day so I was sending them lots of pictures of it to keep them motivated! I also made this Onion Cheese Bread for them. It was a pretty good meal.

20141022_012230.jpg

I won't be so lazy next time I say there is pron in my thread.

Cheers,
Reo

I'm a french trained chef and what you just made is a Chicken Galantine. One of my favorite dishes to make. I like to remove the meat from the skin, take the dark meat and 1 breast and turn it into a sausage. I marinate the other breast and place it in the center of the sausage.

Amazing cook and great job.

To the OP...looks good...I like cooking birds that way as well..

I like to remove the meat from the skin, take the dark meat and 1 breast and turn it into a sausage. I marinate the other breast and place it in the center of the sausage.

Do you have any pics of this method or a link...thanks

Thanks guys, both of them were pretty tasty!

Whoa, that link looks pretty impressive. I could see doing a turducken kind of like that.

Reo

Anybody tried this with a turkey?

Seems that it would work the same, though just bigger. I think I would like one filled with a nice fatty sausage stuffing.

Sorry, just realized that I was DeGurred above...

It would work. This is how Turduckens are made. I was pretty close to getting my wife to let me debone the Thanksgiving turkey, but she still wants to fry it up.

Hrmm, deboned fried turkey sounds good now that I put the two together in my head. I guess I don't mind, gets me out of some extra work on a 4 day weekend!

Reo

I was also thinking how nice it would be to drizzle some bacon grease on the bread. Does that make me a bad person?

That looks so damn good. Just all the goodness and simplicity.........and bacon!

Bob

Back