THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Love kettle fried, awesome looking chicken John. I like to dredge them through an all purpose batter mix.

rEbPOJg.jpg

rbv0KBj.jpg

Rice flour has more crunch powder than corn starch. You should give that a try!

• Thanks
Reactions: JU
I've been doing buffalo thighs for a while now. It never occurred to me to split them. Brilliant!

• Thanks
My wife could eat chicken 8 days a week.
But we only eat Legs and Thighs.
I'd forgotten there are other parts to a chicken.

Growing up, all we could get was whole chickens. My Mom taught me how to part up a whole chicken and I loved getting the job to cut up the chicken for dinner.
Kinda miss those days in this world where you can buy a package of the parts you want, skin on, skin off, bone in, or boneless....

How does a boneless chicken even walk around anyway? :sad:

• Thanks
Thanks for this suggestion. I've done it a few times now, and we like it a lot. The bone-in thighs are really easy to butterfly - one careful cut with a sharp knife and they're done. They're meaty and easy to cook indirect, very forgiving. Our Costco has thighs nicely cryovac'd in small packs for $0.99/lbs.

Very soon I'm going to use this BBQ chicken to make tacos topped with coleslaw, cilantro and other goodies. I know it's gonna be great.

Thanks for this suggestion. I've done it a few times now, and we like it a lot. The bone-in thighs are really easy to butterfly - one careful cut with a sharp knife and they're done. They're meaty and easy to cook indirect, very forgiving. Our Costco has thighs nicely cryovac'd in small packs for $0.99/lbs.

Very soon I'm going to use this BBQ chicken to make tacos topped with coleslaw, cilantro and other goodies. I know it's gonna be great.

Glad to hear. I totally agree about them being forgiving. Not nearly as finicky as breast .

Back