THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jcinadr

Knows what a fatty is.
Just curious if anyone has connected a CyberQ to a wireless network that does not broadcast it's SSID. My primary router has wifi issues, so I added an access point to it. Access point works great - but is configured to not broadcast.

Just trying to find out if I need to recall how to reconfigure it to broadcast - or if their is a way to tell the CyberQ to connect to something it can not see.

I have 3 access points configured identically (same ssid and password). Every other device I have set up remembers settings so I only have to set them up once for all 3 locations. If the Guru can do this - I will only make one visible, and only temporarily.

I have never done it, but I would assume that if you have the SSID & Password you should be able to enter it manually into the Cyber Q in order to connect. Rather than having the CyberQ "scan" for available networks.

Just curious if anyone has connected a CyberQ to a wireless network that does not broadcast it's SSID. My primary router has wifi issues, so I added an access point to it. Access point works great - but is configured to not broadcast.

Just trying to find out if I need to recall how to reconfigure it to broadcast - or if their is a way to tell the CyberQ to connect to something it can not see.

I have 3 access points configured identically (same ssid and password). Every other device I have set up remembers settings so I only have to set them up once for all 3 locations. If the Guru can do this - I will only make one visible, and only temporarily.

I've successfully connected mine with private ssid and mac id access only. Connects every time without a problem, You should be fine.

Back