Cured Apple/Sausage Stuffed Pork Chops

Thank you everybody! They were tasty. :)
Bob, the dessert was apple smoked apple dumplin's. They were goooood. lol
Hammerz, the tenderquick does add a bit of salt to them. After curing I rinse the chops off and just add cracked black pepper for seasoning.

Gary, isn't homegrown pork tasty! :wink:

Alan, tenderquick is a cure made by Morton salt company...

http://www.mortonsalt.com/products/meatcuring/tenderquick.html

I use it to cure bacon, ham, corned beef/venison, pastrami... etc.
You can give chops a quick cure by sprinkling the cure on and letting it sit for a couple of hours, then you rinse all of the cure off before cooking.
It works well with chicken too. Hope you give it a try sometime, it changes the texture of the meat a bit but makes it nice and juicy.
So glad to hear you made a piston!! Can't wait to see pics. :-D

Curt, I'm glad you like the dumplin's!! They were so tasty. I'm going to post pics of them as soon as I get the chance.

Thanks again for the kind comments everybody and for checking out my chops!

hey Jeanie! nice looking fork........full of some good looking food!! gotta try that one!

Again with the apples!? What's next smoked hard cider? :mrgreen:
If the squash are ready here is a nice recipe to use up a few more of those apples, that I stole from the apple board and adopted then adapted:

1 acorn squash (about 1 pound)
1 apple, peeled, cored, and diced
2 teaspoons melted butter or margarine
2 teaspoons brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Dash ground cloves
1 oz Bourbon

Half the squash, stem to stern, de-seed, place in a lightly greased pan and foil. Cook at a relatively high heat (325*-350*) for about 30 minutes. I usually lightly butter the flesh and spritz a little bourbon on too!

Prepare and mix the other ingredients.

Remove foil from the squash and add wood chunk. Scoop filling into squash halves and smoke for another half hour or so until apples are tender.

Its raining today but tomorrow looks like a squash apple blossom on the ECB for dinner.

Redheart, thanks so much for the recipe! It looks mighty tasty! :-D

Cowgirl you are such a good tease for us. Thanks and keep it up. And yes I love my own pork. Been raisin some for us and tha family and sellin some just to pay for ours. It works out in the end w/ pork in the freezer.

Back