THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

NorthwestBBQ

somebody shut me the fark up.
I cooked a pot roast. :grin:

A friend at work said you have to try the Crock Pot. I said no way, I BBQ! He said just drop the meat in the morning and it will be done when you get home. I thought OK I will try it. I think it came out pretty good. :thumb:

14360649800_9f1cc37486_b.jpg

14545759504_607767befa_b.jpg

14545759354_94b0058610_b.jpg

Welcome to the dark side Michael! Looks delicious. I think the only excercise my crockpot gets is when doing Chili just a handful of times a year and Superbowl weekend.

Thank you, Sir!

I use the crockpot for a lot of things. Something to consider is taking a pork roast and pouring in some apple butter.

Nothing wrong if it tastes good, and some of us don't have the time to q the way we want to all the time.

I made a beef short rib chili in mine on Sunday because I was going out and it was also raining like crazy. I used Molito's as a marinade on the ribs overnight.

Best damn chili I've made in a while and never even thought of adding the Liquid Smoke!

It's not BBQ, but it tastes pretty good when you can't tend a fire.

Cheers!

Bill

There's a lot of interest over here at the moment with using Crock Pots with a PID controller to make cheap Sous Vide cookers.
Nothing wrong with using them normally, either - for Braises and such.

Three envelope crock pot roast is pretty darn good... 1 brown gravy . 1 ranch . 1 italian dressing evelope ... mix all together put on top of meat with a little liquid.. and go to work.. then make some sammies when you get home.. Bot BBQ but still tasty for an easy meal.. Let the bashing come my way..:oops:

Back