THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One of my favorite childhood memories was going to the A & W for pork tenderloin Sammie's and a mug of root beer.

Oh my god. A&W's onion rings and root beer floats were straight up magical. They honestly could not be beat in the summertime.

Pork tenderloin sandwiches are definitely a Midwest thing.

As a self-proclaimed tenderloin expert who works in the agriculture industry, I get the opportunity to sample tenderloins far and wide (at least within 5 miles of a corn field). What makes this so good is the fact that you can see the meat in the finished product. In a contest, this is certainly a 9 in my book.

Many of the tenderloins are pounded so thin they resemble an elephant scab.

This one, however, brother, is firmly entrenched in the upper tier of all tenderloin-dom!

I appreciate the kinds words. :becky:

It's a German/Eastern European thing...

Drool.gif

That looks fantastic. I'm going to have to try that. I love pork but I've never done this before. Plus I have 2 tenderloins in the fridge right now!!

Breaded pork tenderloin
1 Pork tenderloin
2 Eggs (scramble to make an egg wash)
Ā½ cup of Flour
1 cup of Panko
Vegetable oil

we do the same with thinly cut porkloins also..

but I mix the flour with black pepper, garlic powder and paprika powder
and mix the panko with some dry cilantro flakes...
try using real melted hot butter instead of Vegetable oil... ? and you're just in heaven..

It's funny, but I grew up in central Indiana assuming that EVERYONE knew what a beaded tenderloin sandwich was. Every decent sandwhich restaurant around here has one on their menu. When I went to the east coast for my brother's wedding I couldn't understand why they didn't have one. My brother said, "You're not in Indiana anymore bro."

Nicely done! Loves me a good pork tenderloin sammie!
The pickles, onion, mustard and mayo are a MUST!

Growing up in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, I totally get this!! Great post King! 5 stars!!!!!:thumb:

One of my favorite childhood memories was going to the A & W for pork tenderloin Sammie's and a mug of root beer.

Drooling... makes me miss Jonesy's in Solon, IA!

Drooling... makes me miss Jonesy's in Solon, IA!

Got that right! I go ther every time I go home except last time because they were closed. Had to get my fix at the Tic Toc instead. But they are open again so will have one in July.:thumb:

Back