THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's chuck ribs, not plate ribs. Thought about getting some more St Louis ribs but I have a box of 7 racks coming in from the Butcher Shoppe today to compare to some Creekstone in the freezer.

Just ordered some spare ribs and 6 tri tips. Love their tri trips

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love spending other people's money. I'm fortunate to live amongst 15 million cows so mail order is not often required. I do read where some Brethren have trouble finding certain cuts and this looked good for them. Glad it's helping those in need.

Damn you, Adams! Again! I just ordered a 3-pack of tri-tips and I have no idea how to cook them. I searched the forum, but the threads looked more like political debates than recipes.

It’s a flavorful cut. As important-no more important is cutting against the grain- and it changes like 2.5-3 times. But the grain usually is consistent to where you can look down on it and from a schematic (lack of better word) get really close. It’s also possible to please everyone’s desired temp as it gets thick thin and tapers. Pretty cool for arguably a smaller cut. I’ll be happy to tell you my method, which varies from the experts a tad- mirror image actually a reverse reverse sear. I leave the 1/4” fat cap on. That fat cap is killer

https://furiousgrill.com/how-to-cut-tri-tip/

Last edited:
Back