THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fedex

Full Fledged Farker
I was checking out Cowgirls Giant Tamale here the other day so I clicked on her link to see what else she had going on. BACON WEAVE caught my eye. I had never smoked a Meatloaf or made a weave so I gave it a go. All I can say is Wow. Next up on her recipes is Cast Iron Busicuts n Gravy. BTW 2 Racks of Ribs and the Meatloaf all fit in the Kettle. UDS has been lonely of late. Thanks Cowgirl.

Attachments

The bacon is a great touch. My first smoked meatloaf was placed directly onto the rack and sank through part way. Bacon would have prevented that, but a disposable pan would have too.

Wow Thank you Fedex! Your meatloaf, weave and ribs look wonderful!! :-D
I appreciate you checking out my blog too.. thank you! :wink:

Good job. Question on the ribs in the weber. Did you do a minion type burn?
How long were they in? Always curious how others cook their ribs in the kettle.

Thanks!:-D

Rev,
I have found that to keep the meatloaf from falling through the grate I have had to add more bread or cracker crumbs to stiffen it up a bit. It really doesn't affect the flavor unless you use seasoned bread crumbs.

Good job. Question on the ribs in the weber. Did you do a minion type burn?
How long were they in? Always curious how others cook their ribs in the kettle.

Thanks!:-D

Yes, used minion method. 30 unlit 12 lit w/ a water pan. ribs took 3 1/2 hrs. Kettle stayed at 235 -245 for the whole cook. Pulled the Meatloaf at 155 deg, foiled for 20 min

Back