THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
Was hungry for meatloaf so I picked up some fresh ground 80/20 and fresh ground sausage at the meat market yesterday. Here it is ready to go on the SS powered Pellet Pro. Of course what is meatloaf without a bacon weave wrap. Gonna slow cook it for a couple of hours to get some good smoke then crank it up to crisp up the bacon. Will pull it @ 165-175 internal. Gonna put on some baked potatoes a little later.

20201108_144913[1].jpg

20201108_150937[1].jpg

Gittin close. I put the baked potatoes on at 5:00 PM and cranked the temp up to 375 deg. Meatloaf was @ 140 internal. It smells wonderful. Gotta make sure I get some pictures when I slice it up. Gonna glaze it with some kentucky bourbon sauce in about 10 minutes. I am really gittin hungry!!!!!!!

Meatloaf was excellent. The wife really liked it. This SS powered Pellet Pro is really starting to spoil me.
Resting
20201108_180837[1].jpg

Plated with a baked potato.
20201108_181341[1].jpg

This Kentucky Bourbon sauce from Krogers is really great on most everything. I really like it on ribs and on the meatloaf it really kicked it up a notch.
20201108_182807[1].jpg

Nice meatloaf Tom! I smoked one last night too! I added about 1/4 lb of cubed up smoked Gouda cheese to give it something different. Its really good. Cheers!

That looks really good!

Question for you meat loaf experts...what’s your process with binders, eggs and meat mix? Mine comes out good, but the meat seems too dense...or maybe that’s how it’s supposed to be? I can’t even remember these from my childhood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mine is always a little too moist and wants to melt into the grate forcing me to use a sheet when smoking it. I am like you and still learning to get a good balance. This time around I used 2 lbs of meat (1 lb 94% ground beef, 1 lb sausage), 1 cup of panko, 1 cup of milk, and two eggs (along with veggies, cheese spices, etc.). I poured the milk into the panko and stirred then let it sit for five minutes until it formed a thick paste. That is what I mixed into the meat. It was waaay to moist and I ended up having to add a little more panko. Give that milk/panko routine a shot. It gets things wet for sure. Cheers

Yaker

Back