Cowboy Charcoal/IBOTTA/Wallyword...

on the hook

Knows what a fatty is.
Keep getting this ad and wondered if it's any good?...I've used Cowboy but it seemed to deteriorate quickly in the bag?...Wallyworld has(ours not sure?) for $17.95 @2/20# bags...With this IBOTTA(?) it drops to $15...Good price but is all this legit? Don't know what IBOTTA is?

Attachments

• Screenshot (12)cc.jpg
    Screenshot (12)cc.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 213
Was strictly a B&B guy but saw the twin bags at Wally so bought it one day.
Tried it….

Haven’t bought B&B in awhile now :brushteeth:

I smoked some ribs on the drum smoker with Cowboy charcoal yesterday and it smelled great while burning.

I’m nearing the end of my first bag of cowboy. Seems ok so far.

Another vote for Cowboy briqs. Closest thing we've got the old Stubb's, and pretty much the only briquette that smells like wood and not chemicals anymore.

I love it, especially at the wallyworld prices right now.

FYI...Cowboy is the same recipe as the old Stubbs briq.

I'm glad the comments are favorable because I bought the double-bag combo from Walmart last week. Haven't tried them yet.

I don't think it is Stubbs, but the wally world Cowboy is very good, and the current price, [channel Smitty] 'get yer sum'.

The company claims it's the same thing. It is, pretty much, although I still think Stubb's was a superior product. It had a nice sweet wood smell that Cowboy doesn't have.

I'm nitpicking, Cowboy is great stuff especially at this price. Normally it's 15.99 for a 14lb bag at Ace or Do it Best.

Last edited:
I like the fact that the ash content is much lower than Kingsford. Seems like a denser briquite. I have only grilled with them and like em. I am thinking in the WSM they may last longer than typical kingsford....although I am liking the B&B comp logs for that.

I like the fact that the ash content is much lower than Kingsford. Seems like a denser briquite. I have only grilled with them and like em. I am thinking in the WSM they may last longer than typical kingsford....although I am liking the B&B comp logs for that.

and no awful chem smell

Back